• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Foxxwoof

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Battle Ground
    Need some suggestions for a scope for my Savage BTVSS. I've had this rifle for almost a year and haven't put a round through it yet, time to get her going for sure. I'm looking for something with adjustable power in the 3-9X+ range. Would like something with 36mm+ objective. Non-capped turrets are prefered though not an absolute requirement. And would like to keep it sub $200.

Here's what I'm currently considering.
    Mueller APT 4.5-14x40mm ~$170
    Mueller APV 4.5-14x40mm ~$130
    Nikon Prostaff BDC150 3-9x40mm ~$150
    Nikon Target EFR 3-9x40mm ~$170

The iffy ones I'm considering...
    BSA Sweet 17 3-12x40mm ~$140
    Bushnell Banner super 17 3.5-10-36mm ~$90

I'm leaning toward the BDC or the APT, or if I was going to spend $140 on the sweet17 I'd probably go ahead and get the APV instead. I have a sweet22 on my Marlin and it's "OK", but I'm looking for thoughts. Mostly going to be punching holes in paper, I would like to do it reliably at 150yds, but varmit hunting past that is not out of the question.

The rifle in question.
    7522343540_34cd9a31d0_b.jpg

IndyND

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    That's a great caliber. I think you will appreciate a higher power with it. Zooming up in the 12 to 16x range is great for this caliber and helps see the tiny target holes at distance.

Bikerdad61

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sullivan
    I have a Blued Savage BTV in .17 HMR also, it is fun to shoot and a REAL tack driver. I think the 93R is one of the best guns made in it's class. It has a cheepy 4x12 scope that was on it when I traded for it. The guy told me the rifle was only shot 20 rounds to sight it in. At 100 yards he had it dead on to. I may opt for a better scope someday but for now it does what I need. Lot's of different opinions but I like the BSA Sweet series, Dad has a sweet .22 on his Henry Golden boy and he is very pleased.

Top Bottom