• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mando-gunner-89

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    Terre Haute
    So what do you people think of of the Bushnell banner 6-18x50 multi x scope. Been looking for a good scope for coyote hunting. Just wanted some input from someone who actually uses scope. I'm only used to my 3x Nikon and my m4 redot from PA. This will be for my 5.56/.223 20" AR that I built. Any thoughts are appreciated.

~M-Gunner-89~

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    A 6-18 power scope on a .223 AR platform is plenty of magnification out to the rifle's reasonable distance limits, say 700 yds. with factory ammo. But if you never expect to shoot yotes beyond 200 yds, you could get a better quality scope for the same money (less magnification).

mando-gunner-89

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    Terre Haute
    OK so I need help. I decided I want a vortex 4-12x40 ao WITH a vplex reticle, but all of them that I am finding have the BDC reticle. Does anyone have any idea where I can find one at other than the vortex website. I'd like to save a little money for some ammo lol.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Oh Alan? You out there?

He owns AA Optics... Best and most trusted source when it comes to optics.

Im a little slow on the draw today. 46 minutes to respond to a thread!!! Im docking my own pay:):

To the OP. The scope you are looking for was discontinued either 15 months, or 27 months ago (I cant remember exactly). Not to many dealers will keep discontinued scopes in stock over a month or so, so one that old will be like a needle in a hay stack. Im not saying its not out there, but I sure dont know where.

Why do you want the plex so bad? The BDC will do everything a plex will, and more.

mando-gunner-89

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    Terre Haute
    I mainly wanted the Plex because the BDC reticle I think is too crowded. I can't get used to them. Of course the only scope I've used with the BDC is a Nikon 3x32 so with that one I never had any use for the extra stuff.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I mainly wanted the Plex because the BDC reticle I think is too crowded. I can't get used to them. Of course the only scope I've used with the BDC is a Nikon 3x32 so with that one I never had any use for the extra stuff.

I think if you look at the subtention's you will see the reticle is very uncrowded on the vortex your looking at especially when compared to your nikon.

Also this scope has a little diffrent purpose than your nikon so i bet no only do you find the bdc uncluttered, but i bet you actually find it usefull.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    did I see that aa optics has a booth at the nra show in Louisville this year?...if so, I might need to put off buying a scope for my ar till then, im looking for something I can shoot to 500 yards on occasion (mostly 100-400 yards)

14-18 max magnification, with a bdc, and possibly windage marks on the glass

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    How will you hold for wind with the V-Plex? I don't find the BDC crowded, although I prefer a reticle with evenly spaced subtensions like the MOA or Mildot reticle in the HS-T series (unfortunately, at double the price of the Diamondback). At least the windage marks are in even 2 MOA increments. The Diamondback is a great deal. I have an extra 3-12x42 Diamondback HP so just this past weekend I put it on a PCP air rifle and zeroed it. After zeroing I was looking out over a field and saw a robin and figured it must be inside 100 yards because it was so clear. I looked up from the scope but couldn't find it. I finally figured out where it was and checked a nearby tree with my laser rangefinder and it was 264 yards away. Looking through the scope you'd swear you could reach out and touch the bird. I really like Vortex scopes. Although this one is too much for an air gun.

Top Bottom