• ...and so much more!
  • sun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Connecticut
    Note that it's a 2 page article:

MILLER: Supreme Court ruling on Abramski could limit Obama's gun-control aims - Washington Times

The assistant to the solicitor general, Joseph Palmore, admitted to the court that the ATF was “interpreting” the will of Congress when it added the “actual buyer” question in 1995 on the background form.

Read more: MILLER: Supreme Court ruling on Abramski could limit Obama's gun-control aims - Washington Times
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This will be interesting to watch. In a 5-4 world, you never know how the SCOTUS will come down on these things.

sun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Connecticut
    Although I'm not sure how others feel, whether the straw purchase law ends up being decided to be enforceable or was originally intended by the Congress or not, I can't see why any 2A supporter would object for it to be legal to buy a gun for another eligible person without all of the technicalities concerning who pays for it or who it might be intended for.
    It kind of makes a person wonder if anyone was overseeing the ATF and how they were allowed to [possibly] mis-interpret the law for all of these years, and why does it take a convicted private citizen filing a costly appeal to get a higher authority to see to it that the ATF doesn't exceed their's?
    I'm sure that Congress has a committee that's suppose to oversee the ATF. Maybe they were too busy.... puffing cigars during their commitee meetings to provide any oversight for all of these years.
    And I'll bet that a lot of folks have been convicted for straw purchases over the years too.
    It will be interesting to see if they ended up serving time in prison unnecessarily.

Last edited:

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    I'm not sure that anyone oversees any of the Federal Government agency activities. It appears to me that they are pretty much free to do what they want as long as they don't get caught with your hand in the cookie jar. In my opinion, there's never been a bigger bunch of law breakers than the ones servicing in Obama's administration. Politics Chicago style.

Top Bottom