• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I don't call fear promotion and giving up helpful either.

you+can%27t+fix+stupid.jpg

This sign sums it up perfectly. But only 5-10% seem willing to vote it out.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I agree that this will probably bolster the republican resolve to get Romney elected. Romney for his part will pound his fist and say he's gonna repeal it day 1. The crowd goes wild!!

Too bad it's all bull:poop:

Does anyone honestly believe the republicans won't take full advantage of the precedence this ruling has set? Win for dems and November win for reps and losses all around for liberty and freedom of the citizenry.

Romney would be a stone cold idiot if he even address it. He will be much better off by lettin' loose the dogs (ie PACs), and staying silent on this.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Romney would be a stone cold idiot if he even address it. He will be much better off by lettin' loose the dogs (ie PACs), and staying silent on this.

And Romney's supporters are stone cold idiots if they believe Romney will repeal it.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Gary Johnson had something to say on it.

Gary Johnson

If Mitt Romney is elected, he says he would give us Supreme Court Justices like John Roberts, who just upheld the Obama health care law. If I am elected, I will appoint Justices like Judge Andrew Napolitano.

Justice Napolitano has a nice ring to it.

If Romney gets elected, he'll only be able to seat limp wristed moderates like Roberts because the dems will filibuster any nominees who actually believe in the constitution. But when dems nominate liberal activists, the repubs couldn't find their spine with a gps.

williamrights

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I did not read every one of the comments. Here is the problem the government now according to this ruling can force you to do anything as long as they say the fine is a tax. Hey eat your broccili or we will tax you. This makes me sick. It will jack up costs because of everything has to be covered you cannot pick and choose. IE if I lose my job and have to get private insurance which I had to do before it will be more expensive. We got high deductible insurance that did not cover pregnancy mental healthcare substance abuse or a bunch of other junk. The insurance was about $300 a month for the 6 of us. If a policy had to include all that obamacare makes them include it would have cost me in excess of $2000. ONCE AGAIN THERE IS NOW NO LIMIT ON GOVERNMENT. DO AS WE SAY OR YOU WILL BE TAXED. THERE LOGIC IS THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DO IT YOU WILL JUST BE PENALIZED.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    It being a TAX could be a good thing. After all "I'm not gonna raise taxes on anyone makin' less than $250,000." Plus, isn't it true that the SCOTUS can't rule a tax unconstitutional until it is imposed on somebody? Punt?

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    The values that should have determined our course today are caution, minimalism, and the understanding that the Federal Government is one of limited powers. But the Court's ruling undermines those values at every turn. -- Justice Antonin Scalia

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    I'm not going to lie here, I consider myself a liberal, but I am not (and probably never will be) a member of any particular party. That being said, I do agree with Republicans on some issues. Obamacare, specifically the individual mandate, is one thing I agree on. While I did not vote for Obama (at the time I did not meet the age requirement), I supported him even though I liked McCain and wouldn't mind if he were the current POTUS.

That being said, I am 110% surprised that the ACA passed in its entirety. At the VERY LEAST, I expected that the individual mandate would be struck down by the Supreme Court, and based on what little I've read, it was a very close decision. Like I said, I like Obama, but I disagree with him on the individual mandate, and other things he's done like stricking down the Keystone oil pipeline, and will never, ever blindly follow any President or politician simply because he/she are on the same end of the political spectrum (can anyone say Hilary Clinton?.)

That being said, I have a question for my fellow INGO'ers who've actually done their research and read up on the new law. I work in Martinsville, IN at a certain scrapyard that's owned by my Father who employs roughly 20 good, hardworking individuals including myself (though I'm probably not a hardworker lol). Aside from myself, Dad, and one or two people who are on Medicaid or a similar program, nobody has health insurance. The majority of my coworkers, my friends, simply cannot afford health insurance and in some cases, haven't gone to see a doctor even when they clearly needed to.

Two people, a married couple that I work with owe somewhere in the neighborhood of $20,000 in hospital bills for Husband's apendix surgery that the hospital will probably never see, and another veteran employee recently had heart surgery, but in his case I don't know if he's on insurance or medicaid or whatever. My point is, that most of the people can't afford health insurance, and some need it. My question to you is, how does Obamacare affect my Father as a BUSINESS OWNER, not an individual? Will he and other business owners be required to provide health insurance for employees?

Top Bottom