• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Vertical or horizontal might be a better way to describe the method.

offhand is preferred way I have see this so a righty would have the draw on the left because this would assume your right hand was already engaged or pinned.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    I'm mystified. Not how we carried fixed blade knives when I was a Boy Scout. Never saw a Boy Scout wearing one in that manner.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    unless you're counting your waste or belt as 0°

When you're talking about your walls in your house, you want them 90° because it's relative to the floor
    Well, you'd start with standard. In this case that would be vertical with the handle up. 90° would take you to horizontal, 180° would be horizontal with the handle pointing down.

Edged Tools

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 16, 2022
    Ft Wayne
    Well, you'd start with standard. In this case that would be vertical with the handle up. 90° would take you to horizontal, 180° would be horizontal with the handle pointing down.
    just depends on the perspective I guess. I've heard people talk about carrying their pistols at 90° because they were speaking in relation to the ground. So, in that case they were just carrying it on their belt. :dunno:

That would make an interesting poll though

Here's one talking about rifles relative to the ground - https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/04/08/rifle-positions-carry-positions/

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    This is the only knife that I carry Scout-style, and I love it ! It's a Benchmade, with a short blade, but stout. I bet that @Edged Tools can get one for you fellas .... and I know that they make some in the real fancy steels !

I carry it real close to my belt buckle. With the loop-lover that your belt goes through, it's totally ambidextrious. Fantastic knife !

1704754195733.png

1704754223997.png

Top Bottom