• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Greg.B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Evansville
    Scoutmaster here, checking in :) Also a Council Shooting Sports Committee member, and a member of our Council's Campmaster Corps.

Great job, and thanks for reforming the Pack; kids need the opportunites Scouts offer!

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Retired Cubmaster, Asst. Scoutmaster, District committee member, Scouting/Goodwill liaison. Good luck with your adventure. I thank scouting nearly every day for some portion of my life that Scouting taught me.

LCPer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Haven't been active in Scouting for many years. Joined at a young age and continued as an adult for several years. The Scouting program whether for boys or girls is by far (in my opinion) the best character building organizations ever. I have the greatest respect for working with these kids. I think I was a couple of merit badges short of becoming Eagle Scout before reaching the maximum age limit. :patriot:

EMC0853

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    My three sons went through the scouting program. I was a Webelos leader, an assistant scoutmaster,a committee member, and taught several merit badges.

When I was young I never had the opportunity to participate in the scouting program, but as an adult I saw the advantages and encouraged my sons to give it a try. One son ended up as an Eagle, the other two not quite. They all did great and learned skills and values that have carried through their lives.

During the time we were involved with the scouting program, I only had one week vacation, but I spent it at summer camp.

I think I enjoyed the experience more then the kids.

Bucky623

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I’m a former unit committee member and assistant scoutmaster. I’ve been out of scouting for a while now but my oldest son will be 7yo soon and he wants to join a pack and I want to get back in scouting too.

What is the youngest age he can start now?

When I started, I was 8 but I think boys can join at a younger age now.

I can honestly say that the best memories of my youth are of the meetings and outings with the scout troop. We met in an old barn situated in the woods back a long lane about 70 yards from the Wabash River about 100 yards from a railroad track with a bridge that crossed the river. The adventures were never-ending.

Bucky
    Pack 3383
    Troop 442 Scout
    Troop 245 Scouter

Last edited:

behinger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2009
    Decatur
    Assistant Scoutmaster with 3 sons that earned Eagle Rank, presently assisting as unit commissioner to help rebuild the Cub Pack.

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    Among the ranks. Just starting up with my Tiger, have a foster son that is a Webelo. I've done my training, waiting for the BALOO training so we can do lots of overnighters.

I enjoy working with them on their belt loops and electives, makes some great father son time. I made it to Tenderfoot, then went back in an Explorers group. I wish they had an Adult Scouts of America.

DemolitionMan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Avon, IN
    I'm still in and wearing too many hats. Officialy, I'm Cub Master for the Pack and Secretary for the Troop. I've also worked with the council on their Tech Committee.

My younger son will cross over to Boy Scouts next year. I need to find a replacement Cub Master -- any volunteers? :D

slackerisme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Just north of Ft. Wayne
    I am not surprised to see so many. Scouting truly seems to touch many lives. I am the Cubmaster of out pack, well at least I try to be. We just had our district PWD and all I can say is that I am very proud of both my scouts and their parents. :patriot:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    My father took over the Cub pack in my hometown. Took it from 6 kids to 35 before I crossed over to Boy Scouts and my dad took over as Scoutmaster. He brought the troop from 4 kids to 25 by the time we were forced to move. He took a lot of kids off the streets in our little town.

If it wasn't for my father I would have dropped out of scouts. However, he made it fun. I can't thank him enough for that. Some of the best years of my life spent with my father. We went camping at LEAST twice a month every month. We even went camping in 2ft of snow if we had too. Sometimes not even a tornado could keep us from an outing. We got stuck in a Shakamak state park in a tornado one year, and even at Holiday World in a tornado.

Then we went to Philmont, his second time, my first, the summer we moved to Indy and we left boy scouts behind.

Because of the encouragement from my father I become the first Eagle Scout ever in our little town. I hope I made him as proud as he made me.

Top Bottom