• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charlie2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Mooresville.
    Busses,SwampRat, and Scrapyard are all related companies. Scrapyard being the lower priced and lower quality product . Not to say they are cheap knives, they are still around $100+. You can't go wrong with any of the three..!!! Scrapyard is good to go..!!! And yes, I have a Scrapyard knife.

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I have a Scrapyard and I would recommend them; however, I've grown very fond of the chopper-style knife and my Scrapyard just doesn't fit the bill. I can say, I've beaten the crap out of the thing and can still shave my arm with it, and that's only with the factory sharpening.

keyser

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 23, 2008
    I'm very pleased with the two I have right now. The Mud Puppy is my current favorite knife I own. I picked up one of the War Dog's when they were available and like it as well, it is my first INFI knife.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Anyone that wouldn't is :nuts:

:D

I'd rep for that if your rep-o-meter wasn't already at 110% :D

Scrap Yards are great buys for the money. They have Busse's lifetime warrenty (lifetime of the knife, not the owner), and with the resiprene handle you save money over micarta and it's very comfortable.

Dan Busse (Jerry's brother) runs Scrap Yard, and he's a blast to be around. And he stand's by his product, no matter what. If you decide to chop through a thick chain or decide to start wailing on an engine block and you somehow manage fubar your knife. He'd first probably shake his head, but then he'd give you a brand new knife. You can't beat Busse's and Bussekin's warrenty and customer service.

They're good solid designs, and SR-77 is nothing to under estimate.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'd rep for that if your rep-o-meter wasn't already at 110% :D

Scrap Yards are great buys for the money. They have Busse's lifetime warrenty (lifetime of the knife, not the owner), and with the resiprene handle you save money over micarta and it's very comfortable.

Dan Busse (Jerry's brother) runs Scrap Yard, and he's a blast to be around. And he stand's by his product, no matter what. If you decide to chop through a thick chain or decide to start wailing on an engine block and you somehow manage fubar your knife. He'd first probably shake his head, but then he'd give you a brand new knife. You can't beat Busse's and Bussekin's warrenty and customer service.

They're good solid designs, and SR-77 is nothing to under estimate.

+1 on all that. There's a reason S-7 is used in jackhammer bits - it can take one hell of a beating. SR-77 is simply S-7 with the Busse Heat Treat. GREAT steel for a chopper.

bobbystoney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    I've got a Scrapizashi, Regulator TT, Regulator, Scrapper 5, Scrapper 6, Mud Puppy LE, 2 Dumpster Mutt's, Scrapivore LE, Scrapivore and the T-shirt. Had a weiner dog but sold it to buy something else.

I highly recommend all bussekin and the Scrap Yards are great bang for the buck. Just try to get them when they have them for sale at the company store because the prices rise fast after they're no longer in production. Hell, sometimes the prices are inflated even when you can still buy em online.

I sure do miss my weiner. Wish I'd never sold it.

I'm on the lookout for Dog Fathers and SOD's, so if you plan on picking one of those up, you'll have to be faster than me. :D (don't worry, I'm actually out of money)

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I've got a Scrapizashi, Regulator TT, Regulator, Scrapper 5, Scrapper 6, Mud Puppy LE, 2 Dumpster Mutt's, Scrapivore LE, Scrapivore and the T-shirt. Had a weiner dog but sold it to buy something else.

I highly recommend all bussekin and the Scrap Yards are great bang for the buck. Just try to get them when they have them for sale at the company store because the prices rise fast after they're no longer in production. Hell, sometimes the prices are inflated even when you can still buy em online.

I sure do miss my weiner. Wish I'd never sold it.

I'm on the lookout for Dog Fathers and SOD's, so if you plan on picking one of those up, you'll have to be faster than me. :D (don't worry, I'm actually out of money)

If I ever run into you, you better have a challenge coin, or you're buying the drinks.

JYD#94.

bobbystoney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    :runaway:

You'd have me because I don't have a coin.

Been close to buying one but I thought the odds of anybody ever challenging me where slim to none.

Top Bottom