• ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Serpa black hawk....simple remedy.
    If she does get hold of it she can not take it out of the holster and you then (in my eyes anyway) have good reason to put her on the floor by what ever means your training allows. A simple arms maneuver and restrain.
    JMHO
    NEVER EVER rely on your holster alone to retain your handgun against a grab. I use a Safariland SLS level 3 to retain my G22 w/ a TLR1 light and I would never rely on that alone...and that is FAR better than most holsters people carry their EDC pistols in. Someone's hand grabs your grip, your first instinct should be to lock that pistol in place. Most of the opening video as well as the body of the video is what we teach fellow officers and are 100% legit for OCing citizens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFoY27smnIg

Butler PD Officer James Davis was murdered with his own duty weapon. The suspect fought him for it and tore the holster into pieces before shooting James in the head.

http://www.odmp.org/officer/17454-police-officer-james-l-davis-jr

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not watched the video yet but any retaining (locking) holster such as mine or yours will only give resistance to an idiot such as mentioned by the OP. She would have no idea how to remove the gun and in that instance she would most likely need to get her wrist attended to after I broke it. It is instinct for me and part of the training I have received.

You are 100% correct in this but response by the person carrying is part of the deal.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    90   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    1. That chick is crazy.
    2. Crazy chicks with boyfriends can get you in trouble real fast.
    3. Another +1 for a retention holster. I use a Blackhawk Serpa, OC or CC.
    4. I give you a point for remaining cool and even tempered. Could have gone south real quick.
    5. "So your dad's a lawyer, and you know cops.... Didn't they ever teach you not to mess with things that aren't yours?"

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Ok, I read all 16 pages of this thread and it was worth it. I count at least 10 maybe 12 quotable replies. If you jumped to the end do yourself a favor and go through the entire thread.

Carry on.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Ok, I skipped a bunch, maybe later tonight I can read the whole thread, but it's either the meth thing is right, or she stopped taking the meds the doctor prescribed. I'm going on 18 years of working with the mentally ill, and this girl sounds like some of the people I get to deal with.

Top Bottom