Screw waiting on the government, Citizens see problem and get it done!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    363   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    The guy in the aquamarine shirt with tan gloves deserves special kudos. He was the first to act, which in those kind of situations is what a crowd needs to see to push it into action. I also noticed he quickly walks away when the job is done.

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    I love the douchbag in the the suit that stands and does nothing... probably the guy that ran over the biker...

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    There was a cop in the fold... He appears to be communicating for help or a fire extinguisher, but then he helps lift the car.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Kudos to those people, but if a not so simple question...

Don't the officers carry extinguishers in their car? With the guy not having a helmet, he may have had cervical injuries, and with no one checking his respiratory status, he could be suffocating to death not breathing. Thought they knew to check the ABC's as well after getting the guy out safely?

FYI, in the future if anyone has this sort of thing happen, get the patient to safety if there is a fire like that...and DON'T leave their side until EMS/Medics get their. If they aren't in any danger from dying from something (fire/water/etc) leave them in place, send someone for help, and monitor their breathing/alertness.

I carry a "face shield" in my vehicles in case I have to do mouth to mouth, and am going to be putting together a catch all trauma bag to keep in their as well with tourniquets, gauze, ace wrap, co ban, saline, etc.

Another reason I think everyone should know CPR and some trauma care with that to boot.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    The sad part is if the biker lives he will probably sue all of those people because they made his injuries worse by dragging out from under the car.

Most (not all) States have very strong laws in place to protect 'good Samaritans'. Much better than 10-20+ years ago.

I can't speak for Utah, but in many states, the biker would be prohibited by law from suing those people.

Wouldn't mean as a participant in that scenario I wouldn't be taking off as soon as EMS/Fire showed up.

I've stopped to help on MVA's here in Indiana. I give my 30 second report and haul butt. I don't want any record of my being there, just in case.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I just showed this to my wife and I can't believe I didn't notice it the first time... The fat man in the suit, aside from obviously not helping at all, actually LEANS on the back of the car in between them trying to lift it.

Wow. Just wow.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    The fat suit was on the phone during most of the video, probably something along the lines of "Yeah some guy just hit my car, my insurance rates will really go up after this one, I'm not even supposed to be driving after losing my license for that last d.u.i., and on top of all that I'm going to miss my damn dentist appointment that I had to make 6 months ago!"

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Kudos to those people, but if a not so simple question...
    ****SNIP*****
    Don't the officers carry extinguishers in their car?
    Yes but the priorities are Rescue, Suppression, Salvage, Overhaul, and the victim wasn't on fire.

I carry a "face shield" in my vehicles in case I have to do mouth to mouth, and am going to be putting together a catch all trauma bag to keep in their as well with tourniquets, gauze, ace wrap, co ban, saline, etc.

You had me hanging on your every word until you said face shield ;) I actually know a feller that teaches a sub-par trauma class and sells el cheapo trauma kits. I've got his name here somewhere, give me a minute to find it, feel free to jump in if anyone can remember :popcorn:

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    You had me hanging on your every word until you said face shield ;) I actually know a feller that teaches a sub-par trauma class and sells el cheapo trauma kits. I've got his name here somewhere, give me a minute to find it, feel free to jump in if anyone can remember :popcorn:

I actually have most of the stuff at my house for the trauma kit...just have to get a pack/satchel for it.

As for the face shield, I guess I should've guessed someone knew what they were reading, I have one of the nose/mouth covers like giving someone O2 by Venturi mask...I just imagine that if I were to have to do it, odds are there may be stuff on that person's face I don't want to taste or get into my mouth :P

If I am in need of something I will hit you up though :)

Top Bottom