• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gryphon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2008
    Terre Haute, IN
    IMHO - It sounds to me like you are having a problem separating an act of savage cruelty with self defense. There is NO comparison. I'm confused why you started in with this whole diatribe about "vicious animals open on the roam" in the first place as it has no real application to this story at all. No one has yet questioned your actions or asked for pictorial proof of such actions. The OP posted a story that has NOTHING to do with your experience. The perpetrator of this savage and inhumane act is a P.O.S. and anybody who has to even suggest that he is somehow justified in such actions has ISSUES of their own that apparently needs to be dealt with. :dunno:

Hmmm, I think my first post regarding the OP was misinterpreted by some of you. My sarcasm was directed at the Asst. Fire Chief. I certainly do not sympathize with anyone who deliberately abuses any animal, or human for that matter. Chances are, the A.F.C. thinks because he is a local big shot (Another egotistical legend in his own mind. :rolleyes:) he can do whatever he pleases with impunity. I see this all the time here in Terrible Haute. And the sad fact is too many of these jerks avoid appropriate punitive action for their crimes. But, however, there are proper channels for the agrieved to pursue. If it can be established in a court of law that the A.F.C., in this particular case, needlessly abused a non-threatening animal, rather it was on his property at the time, or not, then he should be convicted for cruelty to animals. His social status should have no bearing on his guilt or innocence.

Yes, I can distinguish an obvious act of cruelty from an obvious act of self-defense. It's just that the emotional outrage that some of you have exhibited about this incident is so intense it reminded me of the incident that happened to me.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Hmmm, I think my first post regarding the OP was misinterpreted by some of you. My sarcasm was directed at the Asst. Fire Chief. I certainly do not sympathize with anyone who deliberately abuses any animal, or human for that matter. Chances are, the A.F.C. thinks because he is a local big shot (Another egotistical legend in his own mind. :rolleyes:) he can do whatever he pleases with impunity. I see this all the time here in Terrible Haute. And the sad fact is too many of these jerks avoid appropriate punitive action for their crimes. But, however, there are proper channels for the agrieved to pursue. If it can be established in a court of law that the A.F.C., in this particular case, needlessly abused a non-threatening animal, rather it was on his property at the time, or not, then he should be convicted for cruelty to animals. His social status should have no bearing on his guilt or innocence.

Yes, I can distinguish an obvious act of cruelty from an obvious act of self-defense. It's just that the emotional outrage that some of you have exhibited about this incident is so intense it reminded me of the incident that happened to me.

I see what you are saying now. It did sound to me like you were adding blame to the puppy and/or owner for the incident and then when you added your S/D story I was really thrown for a loop.

OK...... so if I did misunderstand you in my rage in the face of this story, and YES there IS rage in me over this kind of thing!!!!...... I do apologize. :yesway:

BTW - Thanks for the work you do with the abandoned and/or abused animals. My "boy" was both. And yes.... that adds into the "rage" issue for me too!!! :yesway:

:cheers:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Well, I'm truly sorry I'm not able to provide you with pictures of the incident I described to eliminate any doubts you might have concerning my act of self-defense against a vicious, uncontrolled animal. But I was a little too busy at the time to get off any snapshots; with a camera, that is. :rolleyes:

If I had even had the opportunity to attempt to rip apart the jaws of that particular dog, I would be pecking on this keyboard with prosthetic hooks. As I previously stated, if that was a "baby" dog, then the Asst. Fire Chief should be appropriately charged with cruelty to animals.

BTW, the negligent owner of the dog that attacked me is now breeding attack dogs to sell. Frankly, I hope some of the mother dogs decide to use these human idiots for puppy chow.

While I don't think rolling your eyes was necessary, I apologize if there was a misunderstanding...I was not calling you a liar by any means, I simply stated that if that is how it happened, you were in the right. Nothing more, nothing less.;)

Gryphon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2008
    Terre Haute, IN
    While I don't think rolling your eyes was necessary, I apologize if there was a misunderstanding...I was not calling you a liar by any means, I simply stated that if that is how it happened, you were in the right. Nothing more, nothing less.;)

My apologies to you, sir. If I had been more careful creating my first post about your topic, there would have been no misunderstanding between any of us to deal with. :)

Internet forums will always remain a poor substitute for face-to-face conversations.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    a 6 month old puppy doesnt attack. my 6 month old boxer doesnt attack. if any one comes at my boxer pup in a angry manner they get covered in **** cause thats the only way he knows how to defend himself, pee and show submission and get away as fast as possible.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    My apologies to you, sir. If I had been more careful creating my first post about your topic, there would have been no misunderstanding between any of us to deal with. :)

Internet forums will always remain a poor substitute for face-to-face conversations.

Yeah, forums are not the easiest means of detecting sarcasm, irony, or satire.:D

Top Bottom