• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Olympic-15-oz-Clear-SmartGuard-Multi-Surface-Sealer-55280A-15/304979971

Last time I did it I used this after power washing.

I too live in the woods and get mildew/algae/moss on my deck. Power wash cleans off and this has done the best job so far of keeping the deck cleaner and stain free. Applies with a weed sprayer. I went over certain areas 2 or 3 times as I could see it got soaked up fast and in others didn't need it. When it pooled I wiped it up.

And I also have a concrete patio that needs power washing and sealing just like the wood deck. I used this stuff. Still looks good.

I don't expect it will last more than 2 years but it's easy to do and I do not like the look of painted wood for a deck so wanted something clear.

indyartisan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    UV rays from the sun breakdown clear coatings through the complete coat.
    Pigmented sealers (semi transparent and opaque) slow this process.
    Like most decisions in life it is a trade off.
    Between enjoying the beauty of the wood grain and longevity in the case of exterior clear finishes for wood.
    Some of the better exterior “clear” finish products for wood I have worked with are from Sikkens.

BStarkey 46947

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    I use Sherwin Williams deck stain. My deck gets 85% full sun and has to be power washed annually and re-stained every couple years. We always power wash and allow a week dry time re applying latex stain.

Top Bottom