• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DarrenL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2014
    East-Central
    Maybe we should set up a Class III meetup some weekend at Point Blank (or if someone has a personal range they want to donate some time on).

I am up for a meeting at Point Blank, as you and I have already discussed, I could probably get us private land to shoot on 1 hour north.

Awesome to hear that you got it out and mostly working!

Darren

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I'm currently traveling, I'll have to double check the bolt gap when I get back in a couple weeks.

Hopefully, we can set a meetup up in a few weeks. If you've got access to a private range, that would be great. Otherwise, Point Blank works too.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I almost forgot. What are the bolt gaps on these guns?

chuck

Well, I just swapped out the LPs on the 53 and the PTR32. The PTR32 is now at .013 from what I can tell, so we should be good there. Hopefully, the #15 lp will do the trick.

For the 53, I replaced the LP with a #15 and replaced the guide rod assembly with a new 53 specific one from HKparts (and a new extended cocking handle to replace the old one that a chunk cracked out of it). But, again assuming I'm measuring correctly, I'm getting a gap of something like .030, which is way too big. I don't know if I want to blindly change the rollers to get it back in spec, or if maybe I should be looking at replacing the carrier.

However, since this is a Century built gun and they were notorious for grinding on the bolts and carriers to get the gap in spec, I have no idea if that's really what it is.

I'm thinking of shooting it a bit to see if the gap narrows, but I don't know if .03 is too big to risk.

I'm still booked this weekend and next, so it'll be a bit to try them out unless I can sneak an afterwork range trip in.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I snuck in range trip after work yesterday.

Good news:

My HK53 is now running like a champ. So, somewhere between replacing the locking piece and guide rod/spring, it took care of the issue.

[video=youtube;KxQjvDksYDI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxQjvDksYDI[/video]

I also had a chance to try out my HK93 (C93), which I didn't on my previous trip. It ran perfectly, so no issues there.

Bad News:

The PTR 32 is now actually worse after changing the locking piece. Previously, it would fire in semi-automatic and then fail to reset the hammer in full. Now, it basically doesn't function in either semi or full. It will fire one round and recock the hammer, but when the trigger is pulled again and the firing pin is released, it's not even hitting the round (no dents). So, something's up there.

But, I now have 4 of the 5 hosts I have in my possession running, so it's not too bad. Plus, I have 4 more hosts waiting stamps (an MP5SD, a faux MP5SD without a ported barrel set to run a subgun can, an SP10 converted to look like a UMP9, and an MP5k), so, all in all, I'm still pleased.

Top Bottom