• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EMDX6043

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2015
    Hammond
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but have these been held at the Kingsbury or Willow Slough DNR ranges? I really like Kingsbury, but only heard recently about Willow Slough...

Dave

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Sorry if this is a dumb question, but have these been held at the Kingsbury or Willow Slough DNR ranges? I really like Kingsbury, but only heard recently about Willow Slough...

Dave

If you go, don't punch the address into a GPS, it just gets you to the Ranger's house.
    Make sure to use the GPS coordinates listed in the first post.

Or, someone local may combine a ride.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Okay cool...I missed that. I was under the impression they moved around from time to time. Thanks!
    The very first one was held at Jasper-Pulaski (J-P) on Halloween day. It was a cold COLD windy day. (I would know, as I was shanghied into running it.) It was decided by the few people that braved the weather that the facilities at J-P were NOT ideal for what we were trying to do. Winamac was just a bit firther, and seemed to have a nicer arrangement with a wooded area that helped keep the sun, and wind off us. PLUS it didn't seem as popular with the general public when we first started.

EMDX6043

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2015
    Hammond
    Got the map printed out (an an app for the coordinates), and it sounds like fun!

Shame I can't fit some 4x8s in my car though...

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I did have a nice chat with Dan the DNR Range Master. He was wondering where we have been. They are definitely in need of plywood. September 26 is the next M&S. More then likely I'll be working but if I do get the day off my son has a scout event that day.

EMDX6043

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2015
    Hammond
    Never been, and I just remembered that Corn Fest in Morris IL is that weekend...I'll probably be working anyway and won't be able to do anything fun!

Top Bottom