• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jfrytz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Hi guys, an acquaintance suggested I join your forums as Im looking to get my first pistol. Ive only dealt with rifles and shotguns all my life and now that Ive got a gun safe Id like to get a pistol. I thought about getting a 1911 as my first gun because its a tried and true model but I have no idea what brands are better then others for pistols. any suggestions?

Nightwalker65

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2011
    Seymour
    :welcome:2:ingo:! I think you'll find opinions about 1911's are as varied as the people who have them,including me. I'm a fan of the lower and mid range priced guns. I've owned a Rock Island GI and loved it,my brother has a Taurus PT1911 and a Kimber Polymer Pro Carry II hi-cap,bought used for a great price.Both of those are excellent weapons. My advice is try as many as you can,find the one that fits your hands and your budget,and enjoy. Beware thought,they are addictive!:D

jfrytz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Yeah I had someone else suggest rock island as a good low end one but I have not seen of them in any stores. Are there any good places on the north side of indy to shoot and try different models?

jfrytz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    I was also interested in trying to take a look at the Taurus PT1911 for sale on the forums but as a new member I cant post there yet so ill just stick to looking in stores :/

jfrytz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Lol of all the forums Ive ever joined Ive never gotten this many welcome posts. thanks guys

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Brandonki
    Top Bottom