• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    I've smoked Marijuana before on several occasions. Never had the "need" for it like a cigarette, and the "high" only lasted about 2-4 hours with VERY good stuff.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I actually don't have an issue with cops smoking weed. Employment screening isn't a violation of rights, as we've already discussed, but its an unnecessary policy. Let them smoke. Some could really use it.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    For what it is worth, the first person I saw smoking it was a truck driver.

My uncle.
    Interesting. for me fellow student, 5th grade, Los Angeles. It was the 70's man.

I agree with Rambone, I am even inclined to say Cops should have to smoke it as part of a program of PTSD prevention. I kind of like the idea of mellow, medicated cops. Cops should be allowed to self medicate just like anybody else in their zip code.

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    I had to get to the 84th. post before I found what I was going to say and make a duplicate post. If I even think you're impaired, you're gone. I don't care what you can legally do, but I''ll dictate whether or not you can be impaired around me.

There is no such thing as a "right" to be a police officer (or an astronaut, or a CEO, or an engineer, or a surgeon...). The mention of "rights" in this discussion is moot. Rights are inalienable, and don't disappear because you were late to work.

And on that note, you are mixing up the concepts of "things you can be fired for" with "things that you can be arrested for." There are an infinite number of LEGAL behaviors over which employers can reject their candidates. Its not illegal to be dirty and unkempt. Its not illegal to be tardy to work. Its not illegal to be illiterate. Its not illegal to read internet forums at work. Its not illegal to have tattoos all over your body. Its not illegal to have a D-average in school. Its not illegal to be to obese. Its not illegal to be paralyzed. Its not illegal to be an alcoholic. Its not illegal to have no personal mode of transportation. Its not illegal to post online pictures of yourself vomiting behind a bar. Any of these LEGAL behaviors are legitimate reasons that employers will pass over candidates, or terminate their employment.

This is frequently brought up in arguments about ending prohibition. People seem to think that if drugs weren't illegal, all of a sudden we would have crackheads operating heavy machinery and meth addicts working in daycares. Its absurd. The ability for employers to screen their employees will (and should) always exist, no matter what substances and plants the government bans. Every profession can screen their employees.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    It was the 70's man.
    cast_large_hyde2.jpg

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    This hippie use to hang out sometimes down at the beach near our home
    article-0-0A8A3BFA000005DC-230_468x286.jpg

I wonder if she still curses military wives and families and throws crap at their cars?

article-0-0A92FDDA000005DC-757_468x694.jpg

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    It seems you have been reading the government propaganda.

You can have withdrawal from caffeine too. Marijuana withdrawal isnt any worse than caffeine withdrawal. (at least from the studies I have read)

Yea if Johnny law starts acting like Tommy chong then we probably have a problem, though I would prefer that rather than this guy. <-- probably needs a few tokes.

Side note: Who else knew that marijuana is NOT psychoactive until heated? Yea that is right THCA is NOT psychoactive until heat is applied and converts to THC. You could eat a pound of marijuana salad and not get high.

Wanna bet

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    You would not need to eat close to a pound

here is a nice primer for you:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zttZXlL7f4w

THC molecules have to decarboxylate to reach the most highly psychoactive form. this can be done by waiting a few months after harvesting and curing weed or by burning it.
    in its raw form most of the thc is an acid, it is non psychoactive in its acidic form and must lose a carboxyl group to get you baked.
    bottom line, you will have to wait ages or eat many times more to get high.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    here is a nice primer for you:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zttZXlL7f4w

THC molecules have to decarboxylate to reach the most highly psychoactive form. this can be done by waiting a few months after harvesting and curing weed or by burning it.
    in its raw form most of the thc is an acid, it is non psychoactive in its acidic form and must lose a carboxyl group to get you baked.
    bottom line, you will have to wait ages or eat many times more to get high.

SO basically what you are saying is simply by cooking the brownies it activates the THC

1911 DeadHead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    NWI/ Crown Point
    All this talk of withdrawals is ridiculous. If you take anything away from someone that is pleasing or just part of their "routine" it will get to them. Causing a what you may consider a mood swing. Paranoia? I think thats absurd, but PEOPLE are DIFFERENT, I have had friends they don't puff because of a sort of paranoia.

Top Bottom