• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    If only people understood that giving away something for free is cheaper than giving something away for free while it's also being metered/monitored/regulated/audited/etc...

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    As usual, anything government funded is done very poorly. They just continue to hit taxpayers to pay for their various ineffective boondoggles. But Seattle is a standout in stupidity.

When I was in the UK for a month, public transport was much faster, cheaper, and easier than driving unless you were going on a road trip.

This same kind of public transport would simply not be possible in the US. This is too big of a country and things are too spread out. The best you could do is have something similar in some denser cities.

Blazer90

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    Lafayette
    The light rail in Seattle is a very nice public transportation. I rode it all the time while living out there. It is true as the article says…there are kiosks to buy tickets from and you can buy monthly passes. This is also true for the bus line and boats that shuttle people and cars to and from island communities in and around Seattle.

Gasoline and other taxes (hotels, sport events) pay for the rail system and it’s improvements. The idea is for far commuters to use light rail and bus to stop the horrible traffic. There is a very small police presence in the light rail but I never personally had an issue with crime. The police when they were around do spot check people for passes. I saw this many times and they did enforcement when necessary.

Tickets are checked when police are around. But I never cared if anyone beside me while riding was a ticketed passenger or not. Not my worry or business.

Top Bottom