• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Paul and fellow Deputy Joseph Eshom were wearing black tactical uniforms, not traditional deputy uniforms

I really hate this dress up crap. I know everyone wants to be a ninja but give me a blue uniform, black dress shdoes and a Sam Browne.

Osborn said the timing of the settlement — hours after a paramedic testified Monday that Eshom told him Harris had run headfirst into the wall — was no coincidence. But Cobb said mediation talks have been ongoing and the paramedic's testimony — and Paul's expected testimony — had no bearing on the settlement.

Ouch.

In a statement, King County Sheriff Sue Rahr expressed her "sincerest condolences and apologies" to Harris and his family

How about training your people not to do this instead?

I hope training is changed so that this horrific incident does not transpire again.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I really hate this dress up crap. I know everyone wants to be a ninja but give me a blue uniform, black dress shdoes and a Sam Browne.

I'm sure you would be more than comfortable wearing that while sitting in a courtroom. Ever tried chasing someone in that garb? Climbing a fence? Rolling around on the ground? Who do you think pays for the uniforms? If you've never checked, they're not cheap and there is no reimbursement for tearing your uniform.

How about training your people not to do this instead?

I'm sure they will create a mandatory training for their entire department which consists of showing this video and someone saying "Don't do this". Should that really be necessary or should they hire people who have the common sense to not do something like that in the first place?

I hope training is changed so that this horrific incident does not transpire again.

See above

My condolences to the victim and his family. Hopefully the settlement will help, hopefully he will recover somehow.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    $10 million? GTFO.

If Chris Harris was my family I would not be able to rest until justice has been served.

You can't put a price on a life and Chris' life is over.

That thug needs to be locked up in jail until his life is over.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Ever tried chasing someone in that garb? Climbing a fence? Rolling around on the ground? Who do you think pays for the uniforms? If you've never checked, they're not cheap and there is no reimbursement for tearing your uniform.

If only there was an enormous pool of law enforcement money where officers could go to buy uniforms. You know, like a big room filled with money? If only, if only, if only . . . .

Oh, wait, there is!:D Four Million Dollars!

Nope, never chased anyone (tried to run from a dog with wing tips once, but lucky for me a Park Avenue prevented me from shooting it), but I do think that having police dress like police, instead of wannabe gangstas/ninjas/very special forces in black, helps prevent confusion in cases such as this and gets officers to focus on being police officers. However, that's just my opinion.

Should that really be necessary or should they hire people who have the common sense to not do something like that in the first place?

I'd argue both.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    If only there was an enormous pool of law enforcement money where officers could go to buy uniforms. You know, like a big room filled with money? If only, if only, if only . . . .

Oh, wait, there is!:D Four Million Dollars!

Nope, never chased anyone (tried to run from a dog with wing tips once, but lucky for me a Park Avenue prevented me from shooting it), but I do think that having police dress like police, instead of wannabe gangstas/ninjas/very special forces in black, helps prevent confusion in cases such as this and gets officers to focus on being police officers. However, that's just my opinion.

I'd argue both.

You can scream about that 4 million dollars all you want. Officers have to buy their own uniforms on IMPD.

What confusion was caused in this case that would have been avoided if the officer was dressed like Barney Fife?

ol' trucker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    indianapolis
    We lose a good cop in Dave.then you see this a## bag,and his superior..."It is a tragic accident,and nothing more" and just makes you sick. man it would be nice to be able to switch places with people. Hopefully other officers in their department accidently don't show up for backup when one of them need it. because neither one of them need to be in any kind of law enforcement duties. then when something happens. they can just tell their family(with NO remorse) ah,it was just an accident..no big deal.:xmad:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Do you have to roll around on the ground, fight with people and jump fences in them? Are your pants $75 a pair?

I'm not complaining about having to buy our uniforms. I'm arguing against being forced to wear overpriced, fragile and uncomfortable uniforms because it makes someone feel better. If that is the case the uniforms should be provided.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Our BDU pants are $75 a pair. It does beat buying the dress pants every other month, though.

Right. The BDU uniforms aren't cheaper but they last ten times longer. When I was on MCSD I went through ten pair of uniform pants in one year. They were provided so it wasn't a big deal. If they had not been that would have been $750 out of my pocket.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Quote:
    Osborn said the timing of the settlement — hours after a paramedic testified Monday that Eshom told him Harris had run headfirst into the wall — was no coincidence. But Cobb said mediation talks have been ongoing and the paramedic's testimony — and Paul's expected testimony — had no bearing on the settlement.

So the officer did move the guy after he hit his head for a reason. Kind of hard to argue he ran head first into a wall when he's laying flat on his back with his head still on the wall.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    So the officer did move the guy after he hit his head for a reason. Kind of hard to argue he ran head first into a wall when he's laying flat on his back with his head still on the wall.

Yeah, that was pretty disturbing. Covering up a crime if you ask me. Double standards.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Yeah, that was pretty disturbing. Covering up a crime if you ask me. Double standards.

If he told the paramedic he fell on his own and hit his head then he knew the shove was wrong. That also leads me to believe that he knew almost immediately the shove was wrong because he moved the position of the guy's body almost immediately after he hit his head. If it was a terrible accident then there should be no need to cover it up.

Top Bottom