• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    Don't worry. The next time this is organized I will make sure to plaster this EVERYWHERE. Even if I have to post in threads for no other reason except to advertise the March.

As I said before, I was pretty disappointed at the turn out of the March. I said that I would cry if we got more than 30 people. I should have said more than 300.

There are... 8,833 members on this forum. Figure that 200-300 are duplicate members. Figure another 500-700 are troll anti's. So that leaves about 7000 +/- members here that actually care about guns and gun rights.

I don't see ANY reason we shouldn't have at LEAST 1,000 members on this board that care enough about their rights and have the courage to exercise those rights in public. Hell, you don't even have to openly carry a gun if you don't want to. We've had 2 events in the past 8 months and not one of them have had any issues let alone serious issues. Even if we have to split into 4-5 groups going separate directions to a central location, there is NO reason we shouldn't have a good group of members come to a March.

I understand, some people work Saturdays or have other obligations. But these things don't happen that often and before last year, have never happened in this state at all. Next time this happens, if we don't have 500 members attend I will be very disappointed in the forum. I thought we all cared about gun rights. I thought we had more people that open carried, at the very least.

This event wasn't advertised well. That's Jared and I's fault. Next time though, it will be well advertised, well planned, and billed well in advance.

Please don't waste your time slamming me for my comments here. I know people have their reasons for not being able to attend. However, I fail to believe that out of 7000 members, all of you have better things to do. :twocents:

I'm still very proud of those that attended this time, and last time.

Someone please tell me what we have to do to get a big turn out.

Let me know the date and times of the next when you figure them out and ill post it on my facebook as well to help out, i wished i could have attended and participated this year and was planning on it, however, i suffered an allergic reaction to a medication and was rushed to seymour hospital that very morning and spent all day there. ill be there next time, packing my AK or AR and my 1911

Big Hank

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    So is Bloomington IN as bad as Berkley CA?

After four years living in Bloomington I think I can hit the nail on the head with my explanation of Btown. Also I think the locals would proudly agree with me. Bloomington is basically a suburb of Chicago or New Jersey. Just imagine a middle class area on the outskirts of Chicago where everybody hates everyone that doesn't live their lifestyle.

To really do it right we would need to find out if people still protest on the square every Friday or Saturday, I can't remember. I thinks its Friday which presents a timing problem.

TheLoneRaider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Phoenix
    Never been to Berkley, but since it's in CA, I'd have to say no, but pretty close. :dunno:
    I lived in Stockton Ca for 4 years and went to Berkley to see what its like and let me tell you its a hippie haven and libtard mecca. I was amazed that all the hype was truth. I have been to Bloomington twice and never really ran into anyone or anything that screamed libtard.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I lived in Stockton Ca for 4 years and went to Berkley to see what its like and let me tell you its a hippie haven and libtard mecca. I was amazed that all the hype was truth. I have been to Bloomington twice and never really ran into anyone or anything that screamed libtard.

I live in Plainfield and every day I run into people who have libtard written across their forehead. I've been to Bloomington many times to party and let me tell you, that town is FULL of them. They just seem to keep it to themselves unless you hear them talking in a coffee shop or restraunt.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!

JordanN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Here's a short video I compiled together from the march.

Sorry I didn't get this uploaded sooner, I had some weird technical issues that caused it to be shelved for a while.

The video is unlisted for now, but I might make it public in the near future. For now, anyone with the URL can view it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN1U3xdHOzY"]YouTube - Indiana Second Amendment March (Indianapolis, IN)[/ame]

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I have to admit I didn't even know this happened or was going to happen. Looks like 20-30 people max showed up? What was the rule on guns being loaded or not? Seeing plenty of mags in.

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville

Sorry I didn't get this uploaded sooner, I had some weird technical issues that caused it to be shelved for a while.

The video is unlisted for now, but I might make it public in the near future. For now, anyone with the URL can view it.

YouTube - Indiana Second Amendment March (Indianapolis, IN)

Hope you checked with Fenway before putting INGO's website at the end.

Looks like you guys had a good time! :yesway:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

YouTube - Indiana Second Amendment March (Indianapolis, IN)

Great job on the video! Any chance I could get a copy for myself?

I have to admit I didn't even know this happened or was going to happen. Looks like 20-30 people max showed up? What was the rule on guns being loaded or not? Seeing plenty of mags in.

35 people showed up. about 28-31 showed up for the first one. Of course guns were loaded, but long-arms were not chambered for security reasons. All it would take is one crazy nut to run up and pull the trigger. I know it would be far fetched, but it was a possibility because on the OC Walk before this I had contacted the Brady Campaign, every major news media, and a lot of activist groups. No one but the marchers showed though. This one had someone from (?) Shotgun News, I think, show up.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Savage, when's the next one?

To be honest, I don't know. I'd like to do another. A small one like this was. Actually two. One here in Indy again, and another in Bloomington. Just wanna wait until the temps come down. Last thing I want is people collapsing from the heat. :dunno:

JordanN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Hope you checked with Fenway before putting INGO's website at the end.

Looks like you guys had a good time! :yesway:
    Um... no I didn't. I guess I kind of assumed an implied OK.

It's a limited distribution video, so I'm not anticipating issues. I can always take it down if management disapproves.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Fenway should be ok with that as long as it's not saying it was an INGO sponsored event. Which it wasn't. I'm sure he wouldn't mind the extra traffic coming in though. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom