• ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    This seems to be symptomatic of a serious morale problem in the Secret Service. I don't think it's a coincidence that these issues have popped up during the current Administration and not in the previous one, or even during the Clinton Administration (when we could have reasonably expected the same sorts of issues, according to some accounts).

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    This seems to be symptomatic of a serious morale problem in the Secret Service. I don't think it's a coincidence that these issues have popped up during the current Administration and not in the previous one, or even during the Clinton Administration (when we could have reasonably expected the same sorts of issues, according to some accounts).

I assume you are thinking in terms of a similar situation with the Navy aviators who developed a highly wild and undisciplined lifestyle stemming from a steady diet of meaningless, dangerous, and extremely stressful combat duty?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    You think this officer was drunk & unresponsive on a sidewalk because he works for Barack Obama?

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    So, if any other person was found drunk and unresponsive on the sidewalk, would this be that big a story? Doesn't say when he was working again, doesnt say that he was carrying, or doing anything dumb, other then passing out on the street (which, yes, is pretty stupid). But, why the big deal?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    So, if any other person was found drunk and unresponsive on the sidewalk, would this be that big a story? Doesn't say when he was working again, doesnt say that he was carrying, or doing anything dumb, other then passing out on the street (which, yes, is pretty stupid). But, why the big deal?

A soldier would never do anything irresponsible like that.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit

LOL_WUT_PEAR_by_fatarb.jpg

It's indicative of nothing. It's gone on since before we were a twinkle in our parents' eyes, it's just not been a matter of note for the media. Stories like this pop up because either the news outlet has space to fill, or the Urinalist is trying to build up name recognition.

As a youngster, I had occasion to do some joint training with both the SS and FBI while stationed near DC. I can tell you first hand that their professional expertise is matched only by their ability to party.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Meh, he was a uniformed division guy, a peon, like an enlisted guy in the military.

I resent this remark :( lol

I don't know what the Secret Service is doing... and don't care. But it may be a case where a stressful job/fraternity breeds an extreme environment.

The military is notorious for being a "drinking culture" especially for the young and single. Its a very stressful job and unfortunately people look for relief in the form of overindulgence. By no means does this excuse the behavior, but to say it doesn't exist and that it isn't easy to get caught up in it would be a lie.

Starts off innocent in most cases and is a lot of fun until you get a DUI or find yourself waking up in the middle of a public sidewalk by a police officer.

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    I read an article the other day saying obama has something like 400% more threats than other presidents have had. Maybe the stress is building up in the S.S.? Idk just a thought

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I read an article the other day saying obama has something like 400% more threats than other presidents have had. Maybe the stress is building up in the S.S.? Idk just a thought

This is just my thought and I have nothing to back it up, but I suspect that the definition of 'Threat' has been changed somewhat. Just like the definitions 'in practice' of quite a few other words this administration likes to abuse.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis

Sheesh...I'd have a low morale, too. I wouldn't shake Obama's hand, let alone take a bullet for him.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Just off from obamas security detail? Heck I would be drunk and passed out every night if I had to be any where around that knuckle head. Don't blame the guy one bit.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    This is just my thought and I have nothing to back it up, but I suspect that the definition of 'Threat' has been changed somewhat. Just like the definitions 'in practice' of quite a few other words this administration likes to abuse.

You mean as in 'Obama is a f**king retard!' constituting a threat? Wait, what is that noise I hear at the door? O s**t, they're here to get me!

Top Bottom