• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    They seem pretty small. Plus I'd like to see some real world testing of their capabilities.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Traditional gun safes do not stop thieves or fires.

Already lost me. Yes, they do.

I can't see how this could possibly be more secure than a quality "traditional" gun safe. Maybe better than a security cabinet in it's price range...maybe?

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I've looked at their site before. Although I didn't find the gauge of steel used, from the listed weights it has to be closer to a Stack-On security cabinet than a safe...maybe a fancier door.

I've been looking at Snapsafe and Zanotti Armor but they are in a much higher price range.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    From what i was reading their model 40 and 52 weigh 90 and 105 lbs but hold only 6 rifles each. 38 and 50 inches long.
    And some of tgwir other stuff was made with 14 ga steel.

jbrubaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    My brother-in-law got one for Christmas. I actually like it. According to their materials, there is the same amount of steel in their cabinets as the “normal-looking” safes. It definitely isn’t made for stockpiling guns. It’s much more conducive to easy access and smaller foot/wallprints. They have a lot of propaganda about how misleading and silly the normal safe manufacturers are.

Its an an interesting concept that I think will work for some people. I’m inclined to believe some of the “safe manufacturing conspiracies”, but I’m sure it would rub others the wrong way.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    That's not a safe, it's a gun cabinet.
    There's a big difference between the two and the fact that it's "ultra light" is not something you want in a safe.
    You want something heavy, witch thick steel.
    If it's light weight it's because the steel used is very thin, not something you want.
    Yes safes are hard to move and heavy, but that's a good thing when it comes to criminals trying to take your safe.

I don't see any locking bolts on the door.

13557034_1831406950421495_1876025999_n.jpg

You can see one tiny rod on the top of the door (I assume it also sticks out at the bottom) on just one latch on the side.
    That's a three-point locking system similar to what you find in a simple gym locker (pic bellow).
    Clearly not a safe and something vulnerable to a crowbar attack.
    That plus the think "super light" steel used I assume it's easy to bend the door open.

single-tier-slim-line-locker.jpg

Safes have bolts on each side of the door to prevent that.

4%20sided%20bolts.jpg

You can probably get a good safe for a bit more money, and possibly a locking cabinet just as good for way less money.

Top Bottom