• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lt Scott 14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Porter County
    Lights, locks, cameras, armed homeowners. Big 4 items for 24 hr Security of Home. Agree with all of times changed, no fear of perps, and it happens. We lock everything. LED lights around, and vigilant. Keep some slip on shoes handy, and a quick throw on shirt/sweats, bright LED flashlight on each nightstand. (Cell phone charged too). I have timers on different rooms that vary lamps too.

My Wifey heard loud yelling, pounding on doors, had her M10, 4in S&W, Surefire light held at low ready when woke me up to advise. I armed up with a Mossberg 500, 12ga, also have mounted light. Slipped on my Nu Balance Sneaks, oversize flannel shirt and good to go.

Was drunken dude across street with GF locked doors having dispute. Wifey had dialed 911, took LEOs about 7 minutes to respond. They had him proned out, hooked up, and gone in less than 5 minutes. Second Officer got info, and left in 15 minutes. My only thought was; Do I have 7 minutes of Anti-Felon ammo at hand if needed? Time to up to 16 round cap guns, and spare Shotshells. Bandoleer with 25 rounds, mixed 00Buck, #4, Deer Slugs, now hangs in reserve.
    It happens in a nano second. Get Prepped Now!

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Needless to say but they or one had been in the vehicle and left and were coming back when I saw them
    Shelby county sheriff K-9 came and never even got the dog out. We did not hear or see any vehicles so they left the immediate area on foot. Was very dissapointed that he only walked around and actually walked right by a towel that evidently fell out of one of their pockets which I found after putting on more than skivies. Called again he came back and put it in an evidence bag. End of story. Kind of disapointed.

I know we are not Shelby Co but our dogs are not used to track people for less than a felony charge. Many other depts are similar. They are not bloodhounds and do not track by scent. You have a Trespass charge AT MOST, a misd. The Deputy was making you feel good by taking the towel but it reality, there is nothing they can do with it.

Top Bottom