• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Duron219

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    East Chicago
    My interview is at the Merrillville office. I can't really think of anything specific, are they a good company, has anyone had any encounters with anyone who works for them?

mmills50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Keep in mind this is the company that has a policy against carrying a round in the chamber, they issue you a weapon that you can not carry off duty, and you have to pass a mental and physical test to work as an armed guard. I was also told by one of their guards they can only carry FMJ. The building where my mom works is getting rid of that contract and making their own. In my humble opinion they are the wall mart of security companies

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Keep in mind this is the company that has a policy against carrying a round in the chamber, they issue you a weapon that you can not carry off duty, and you have to pass a mental and physical test to work as an armed guard. I was also told by one of their guards they can only carry FMJ. The building where my mom works is getting rid of that contract and making their own. In my humble opinion they are the wall mart of security companies
    Who would be the Macy's, Kohl's, or J.C. Penny's of security companies?

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood

I would not consider NRA Basic Practical to be physical. That FMJ only claim is completely bogus. Everything else is about right. If Securitas is Walmart then Blue Line must be Dollar General.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    I worked for them for about a year. It was an unarmed (as far as they knew) site,and I was able to walk myself out of a debilitating back problem.The site supervisor was a good guy and I enjoyed the job.I surely would not take a position carrying an unloaded weapon though!

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    During a lay off status I took a position with Securitas. The hiring process was semi professional, you watch videos upon hiring, sign off your life about weapons(mostly no carry jobsites), issue you a gray uniform(like a jail clothing) and sent me to a terminal to train. Worked one shift, the rats ran across the desk while I ate lunch, turned in my stuff the next am and said "adios". Hope you have better luck. The terminal was a food distribution place, so maybe it's not a problem for some people to work like that. Not my cup of tea.

Duron219

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    East Chicago
    I had an interview today and it went pretty good, in 7-10 days when my background check gets back they will give me a call. The orientation sounds really boring but hey I'll deal with that. The site they want to put me at is at BP, which is about 15 minutes away from where I live. I'm working in a kitchen of a fast food restaurant making $7.25 an hour and working 6 hours a day, 5 days a week. SO this job will be much better than where I'm working at now.

Duron219

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    East Chicago
    I meant the BP plant not any of the gas stations, if I did work any of the convenience stores out here I'd have my shotgun with me. I already keep my shotgun with me when I drive out here.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Hey, any honest job that helps you improve yourself and or your situation is an honorable thing. It may not be some executive position, but it IS a step up the ladder. Good for you.

I get pretty disappointed/disgusted when I see people not want to take some job because they think it's too menial. If I've got nothing better or more profitable to do, I will (AND HAVE) shovelled horse and cow poo for less than minimum wage.

So good for you. And remember, it's better than shovelling poop.

Duron219

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    East Chicago
    Thank you, I'm not picky about what kind of job I can get I'm just happy that I can work. I am majoring in Criminal Justice so I figured this will help me and give me some kind of experience.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Hey, any honest job that helps you improve yourself and or your situation is an honorable thing. It may not be some executive position, but it IS a step up the ladder. Good for you.

I get pretty disappointed/disgusted when I see people not want to take some job because they think it's too menial. If I've got nothing better or more profitable to do, I will (AND HAVE) shovelled horse and cow poo for less than minimum wage.

So good for you. And remember, it's better than shovelling poop.

What the wolf wearing a sheep said! Sheep don't really have clothing, they are clothing.

Top Bottom