• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Call me paranoid but.... As we live in a ever increasing "mean world" I thought I'd share an observation and an opinion.

I have noticed that in their profiles, some of our members have listed their entire name (sometimes including the middle name or initial) along with their entire date of birth followed by the city and state of residence.

Honestly...... I think that listing all of this information together in one place could be unwise. Other than my city of residence, I typically just give my first name and just the year of my birth. FWIW, I thought I'd share my :twocents:
    :cheers:

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    Anyone that steals my identity is just going to be worse than they started! They think they have it bad..... :):

Good pointers though, first name is fine, city is fine, other than that it's best to play it close to the chest when anyone can read the info, IMO. Many will know more about me via PM or talking to one another, no big deal to me. But I will not post it in my profile on any forum.

Episcopus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Northwest Indiana
    Call me paranoid but.... As we live in a ever increasing "mean world" I thought I'd share an observation and an opinion.

I have noticed that in their profiles, some of our members have listed their entire name (sometimes including the middle name or initial) along with their entire date of birth followed by the city and state of residence.

Honestly...... I think that listing all of this information together in one place could be unwise. Other than my city of residence, I typically just give my first name and just the year of my birth. FWIW, I thought I'd share my :twocents:
    :cheers:

I don't think its paranoid, but if it is, my paranoia has kept me from posting any of my name or my city. County and occupation are all at this point. While that limits me to one of only 10 or so people, that is still anonymous enough for me.

indyninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    I don't think it's a big deal putting your name location, dob in your profile on a gun board. What is someone going to do with that?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Another potential problem is putting too much information in your searchable resume on a job listing site like Monster.com. You've given identity thieves your full name, address, telephone number, and all of the details about your education and employment history. You've done your job for them.

Much better to put minimal information in the searchable resume and let potential employers contact you via the web site's e-mail forwarding.

Top Bottom