• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • john67103

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 6, 2009
    Fishers
    I've only started looking but I didn't know if anyone has experience with a physical security phone app? My church is trying to figure out a way to notify the team of health emergencies or suspicious individuals.
    Thanks.

Spencir

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    There's 3rd party apps that you can use for group texts. I find that GroupMe works extremely well. It's available for both Android and iPhone.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Androids dont support group texting. That an Apple/iMessage thing. (wife complains about it all the time)

Strange. I know I've sent and received multi-recipient texts on my Samsung S5.
    You can even have a contact group for ease of adding all the recipients at once.

Perhaps this is limited by carrier, rather than platform?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    You can even have a contact group for ease of adding all the recipients at once.

it could also be when group text is originated on imessage and it has to fall back to SMS for droids. Wife has a group of friends with iphones. Her sister has a droid. Sister cant respond to all when she is included in the group chat.

poppy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    South of Indy
    Wife and I have Samsung s6 phones. Daughter, son and granddaughter have iPhones. We have no issues in either sending or receiving group texts. Neither does son, daughter or granddaughter.

Different cell phone providers are involved.

Last edited:

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.

Don't now the hows, but do know my Dad, and brothers and I group text all of the time. One of us has iphone, the rest different Androids.

john67103

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 6, 2009
    Fishers
    I was looking for something even faster then a txt. Open the app and a predefined set of buttons for common issues. The user clicks and it send the info, user and location out instantly. So the user can very quickly get the info out. Walky talkies seem to be the most common option still used these days. I wonder if this could be a market out there. Anyone know an app developer?

Top Bottom