• ...and so much more!
  • T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    A friend of mine today who happens to be an armed guard for a private security company in Fort Wayne made a good point that he had never been harassed while OC on the job by the PD. They have the same LTCH that any other non-LEO does. Is it because of the uniform? All we have to do is wear a security "like" uniform, jacket, or shirt with a cool non-police badge and this will end the harassment? My dad ran his own security business for 15 years and I can not recall him ever being questioned by the PD for OCing his 1911, but he usually had his security jacket, hat, or something with a "badge" type symbol on it.

Anyone on here who is an armed security officer ever been questioned/harassed while either in uniform or not and OCing?

Barua

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2011
    Eagle Creek
    I've been working an armed security job for about a month now. I stop in at a local Marsh to pick up groceries and sometimes stop for gas to or from work. I've never once been even second glanced at. I think it may be the uniform, I guess people accept that as a good enough reason to not be alarmed by me openly carrying.
    But then again it seems to be about the same reaction I get while in civis.

DocGlock86

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Plainfield
    I worked security for a bank. We were unarmed but had LEO type uniforms. I was OCing (Off duty) into a CVS and the manager came up to me and asked if I was an "actual" cop. I told her no and she said that I couldn't carry a firearm in the store then. I told her I didn't see a "no gun" sign posted but that was the business's choice and walked out.

Grump01

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Madison County
    A friend of mine today who happens to be an armed guard for a private security company in Fort Wayne made a good point that he had never been harassed while OC on the job by the PD. They have the same LTCH that any other non-LEO does. Is it because of the uniform? All we have to do is wear a security "like" uniform, jacket, or shirt with a cool non-police badge and this will end the harassment? My dad ran his own security business for 15 years and I can not recall him ever being questioned by the PD for OCing his 1911, but he usually had his security jacket, hat, or something with a "badge" type symbol on it.

Anyone on here who is an armed security officer ever been questioned/harassed while either in uniform or not and OCing?

Not in security now, but from 90-93 or so I worked part-time and decided the badge or patch could say "Mickey Mouse Club" and nobody would think twice about me carrying openly at all..........:laugh:

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Not in security now, but from 90-93 or so I worked part-time and decided the badge or patch could say "Mickey Mouse Club" and nobody would think twice about me carrying openly at all..........:laugh:

Agree with this. Most people see the uniform, and do not question if you are police, or security, you are considered an authority figure. Just like those in Doctor jackets. They have done research on this. Pretty funny, scary things about this and what "authority" figures can get away with, just a random person wearing a badge.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    My CCW badge seems to be broken then...

I'll buy 2 so we can be friends forever. They'll be like our own special "friendship" badges. :rockwoot:

concealed_weapons_permit_sticker-p217607838374366254en7l1_380.jpg

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I worked uniformed security part time for many years. The last couple I worked at a night club that catered to the Hispanic crowd. I met lots of nice people and discovered I liked a lot of that kind of music.
    Unfortunately, I broke up more than a couple fights (MANY FIGHTS). One early morning after such event, several police officers and myself were on the side walk outside the place talking after one such LARGE altercation. One cop who I had interacted with on many previous locations ask for my 'permit'. I was a bit stunned, but got it out and handed it to him. He looked at it for about 5 seconds and gave it back. I wonder what made him look at it THIS time.
    Also, after some of these busy nights, I would stop at Steak and Shake on the way home for some take out breakfast. Never was questioned.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Especially depending on which city one is located

Just remembered one of the things I was told during my incident at China Buffet. The officer told me that the people inside the restaurant didn't know if I was LEO or not because I didn't have a badge or anything on me. What's funny about that statement was that he didn't either (that I noticed).

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Greenfield, Indiana
    I have worked at IU Health downtown for 6 years now in the Safety & Security Dept. We have everything the local police have including X26 Tasers (not X26C model), Meca Radios, 2 Officer K9 unit, and Patrol Vehicles. We are not police, or special deputies. The only time I get harassed by police is when I am in my local Walmart after my shift picking up some groceries. I get asked "What Police Department do you work for?" , " Do you have a gun permit?" It gets pretty annoying.

Top Bottom