see Democrats reply: my Opposition to More Gun Control, gun owner beware of lies

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    Democrats are using false and misleading statements in support of Gun Control.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https:...sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGd5KAmv0W0d4wJNPpGn0RsPyIkpw

Entire clip from President Trumps meeting with dem's on Gun Control meeting where he made the mistake of:

"take the guns first, then go through due process second."

Trump also criticized lawmakers for being "too fearful" of the National Rifle Association (NRA) and called for speedy and substantial changes to the nation's gun laws.

and using "false" 5 yr old Obama claim
    more than 70% of NRA members who want increased background checks

looks like we need to get ready for tough May primary and November election to support 2A

actual email for your consideration:
    Thank you for contacting Senator Taylor concerning firearm regulations. Like you Senator Taylor realizes the importance of the 2nd Amendment and the rights that responsible gun owners should have.

This past year has seen terrible tragedy caused by gun violence. There has been an outpouring of public support for increased common sense policies on firearm purchasing, including increasing the age to buy a firearm from 18 years to 21 years, eliminating background check loopholes, and banning "bump stocks." A majority of Americans support efforts to promote public safety while still protecting the 2nd Amendment rights of law abiding citizens.

Even President Donald Trump has taken action, apparently reversing his earlier position on gun control. After the killing of 17 people in Parkland, Florida this February, he has vowed to "take the guns first, then go through due process second." President Trump also criticized lawmakers for being "too fearful" of the National Rifle Association (NRA) and called for speedy and substantial changes to the nation's gun laws. While Senator Taylor certainly does not agree with the President removing due process, he does believe we need to enact policies that protect children as well as the rights of our citizens.

Please see this link for full, unedited video of President Trump's meeting on gun control:
    https://www.c-span.org/video/?441884-1/president-trump-calls-comprehensive-gun-bill

Senator Taylor supports the Constitution of the United States and Indiana, but also supports actions to curb violence, especially violence that threatens our children. There are multiple ways of reaching this balance, including supporting more than 70% of NRA members who want increased background checks, creating serious penalties for gun traffickers, and an improved mental health system.

Best,

Andrew Merkley
    Legal Assistant: Minority Attorney's Office
    Legislative Assistant: Senator Greg Taylor

Last edited:

openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    So, they didn't bother to read what you wrote.

No, they read it. Just sent repeat without addressing my concerns.

Below is my email which may help to put the horse before the cart. In this instance the cart is the same each time.

To: Andrew Merkley
    Subject: Reply to Senator Taylor's position on Gun Control

Honorable Senator Greg Taylor,
    As a voter in your district, I'm writing today to ask that you please oppose any new gun control legislation and to respond to Senator Greg Taylor's reply to my concerns.

Senator Taylor's response included Presidents Obama's "false" claim that more than 70% of NRA members who want increased background
    checks. The NRA-ILA states that is false. Also, Senator Taylor's
    link to the raw footage of President Trump's meeting with Democratic Leaders on Gun Control is misleading, incomplete and is not his position regarding United States Constitution's protections of "due process" guaranteed by the 6th Amendment and 14th Amendment.
    President Trump met with Wayne Lapierre and Chris Cox of the NRA that same evening and assured citizens that he respects "due process" and does not support "due process later" as in Senator Taylor's link.

I look forward to hearing from you and will consider your response and any votes the next time I head to the polls.

Top Bottom