• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Thanks guys, been at FEMA HQ's in Emmittsberg MD for couple days tng, off at noon to FT Dix NJ for final deployment to somewhere NY/NJ/CT/RI

last group (I am in 2nd wave) went to Brooklyn Navy yard aboard the SS Kennedy, daily trips to Staten Island.

So by tonight I should now what area we will be covering.:ingo::patriot:

usaf64

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    I was last at the National Fire Acadmy in Emmitsburg in 1987. There was a good 'watering hole" on the town square. I can't remember the name right now, but the owner was named Bobby. There's a lot of history in that part of the country.

I hope your assignment goes well. You can be proud of what you did.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have to give you a lot of credit for going to lend a helping hand in a couple of very "blue" states. I know I shouldn't be thinking this way but right now my sentiments toward those two states couldn't be further from "generous". I understand its not about politics, and I know only about half of the people are actually "blue". It's probably just as well as we can't tell them apart just by looking, and it's too bad that the blue ones don't realize who it is that's willing to help them. Just saying, good on ya for keeping the two issues separate.

Be careful!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Be safe. Help those in need.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    On Staten isle mucho dammage
    Pissed off peope no power
    Living on TS Empire State
    FTN

Bottom bunk 4 inches from deck
    Coffin sized rack
    Good chow. Great coffee
    You wouldn't believe the flood dammage to homes and cars

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Established my command post at FDNY Station 9 on Staten Ilse
    Great view of NY harbor
    Freedom Tower Statue of Liberty
    12 hour shifts takoing care of 1st responders Cops. Fireman
    EMS
    Navy and Coast gurdsdsman

FDNY chow is great

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Be safe, let us know if there is anything YOU need while you are there. Im sure someone on INGO will be able to make sure you get it.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    They getting any power back around there. Last I had heard, there were still large areas around there without power still. Everything getting better I hope

hip shot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    I have to give you a lot of credit for going to lend a helping hand in a couple of very "blue" states. I know I shouldn't be thinking this way but right now my sentiments toward those two states couldn't be further from "generous". I understand its not about politics, and I know only about half of the people are actually "blue". It's probably just as well as we can't tell them apart just by looking, and it's too bad that the blue ones don't realize who it is that's willing to help them. Just saying, good on ya for keeping the two issues separate.

Be careful!

Mark well said currently my sentiments have mixed emotions also even though
    you're right it's not about politics but to certain extent maybe it is:draw:

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Yes Mark 1911, now the recovery phase is over, rebuilding is well underway. The Red Cross, numerous Aid organizations, vollunteers, NY National Guard, NY State Militia (NY GUARD), Coast Guard, NYPD/NYFD, and all the gov workers like me deployed with FEMA. Have worked hard, in some cases above and beyond. The Big Apple is just that, sometimes sweet and juicy, sometimes rotten. I have seen the best and worst of it. Lady Liberty still shines over Manhatten and the new Freedom Tower going up.
    Sadly the dammage and destruction, while getting cleaned up, no longer causes a second glance. I have seen people who have lost it all, buisnesses toarched because the had no flood ins, whiped out neighborhoods, piles of boats from fishing boats to cabin cruisers sunk, or sitting high and dry in yards, roofs, and in some houses too. Homes from shacks to mansions gone or severly dammaged. Freighters/Tankers on streets still, and everything in between. Doomsdayers/survivalists take heed, all plans may have good intensions, but wait until you see what realy happens to people blue/red whatever, when SHTF happens. I been cussed out by people who came here (USA) to live after leaving their stinking country who would definatly not have given them dookey, wanting $$$ more money cause in AMERICA we do try and help. Six more 12 hour days, six missions, then JFK and FOGEDDABOUTIT.........Fishers here I come! (hopefuly back next weekend) (21st).

SEE YA SOON!!!

Top Bottom