• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    I took the weekend off from hunting,plan on going out this evening. Been a pretty dead season for me,but hoping the rut stirs things up. I saw 2 small bucks Friday night.Those were the only bucks that I've seen this year.
    Friday,when I took my grandson to school,I saw 5 dead deer along the road. Somethings getting them stirred up. Good luck everyone.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Lots of sign around here and there is a small 8 point coming into the back yard mornings to eat garden plants.

All_Clear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Avon, IN
    Watched a 6pt spar with a half rack on Sat. about 60 yrds from me... They came within 30 yrds and only the half rack gave a shot so i passed, wasn't long they both stood there with noses in the air, then bounced off. Dang wind was at my back the whole time, surprised they got as close as they did. Tons of scrapes and rubs in the area.

Hope this weekend is a good one! Ready to get a deer.

Nathan

Hoosierbuck

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Yes. I had a buck fight under my stand Sat. am, and a buck put on a display of dominance including a snort-wheeze that was hair raising. Awesome! Also bumped up a buck bedded with a doe and watched a lot of chasing going on.

HB

Last edited:

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    I haven't been out but everyone I talk to says they are chasing, tounges hanging out, marking and checking scrapes. From what I hear it is on! I won't make it out till Friday :(.

bw210

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Kouts, IN
    I could see as many as I could count... right up the the point of having permission to trail deer on neighbors property and supposedly the rut had started. Haven't seen a deer in well over a week on two different properties. Tracks everywhere, kinda like an 8 lane highway, but nothing morning, mid day and evening. Maybe well after dark. All I know is that it felt COLD this weekend, 25 Sat morning, 33 Sat night and 28 Sun morning. Sucks I have nothing to show for this weekend, but at least it wasn't in the teen's yet which will be here soon.

Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I saw some serious chasing going on early last week in Boone Co. with a small fork and some does in the evening. Then this past weekend I saw two bucks chasing a doe at 10:30 in the morning, and the bigger of the two bucks, a nice eight) get what he was looking for right in the middle of the field. Poor little guy just had to sit there and watch. I would say its on for sure. Good Luck Everybody

joshennis84

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    Bloomington
    yep, here he is, all 228 field dressed of him
    67652_810108558998_20705167_44609199_579637_n.jpg

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    I law a BUNCH of deer on the way home from work yesterday morning. There seemed to be a couple every few hundred yards along the road.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    Had a 120+ 10pt. chase a small 8 and a doe under me sunday. He wasn't what I was looking for so I passed. Thats the first good rut activity I've seen so far. Heading out in about an hour.

Top Bottom