• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cavallo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2023
    Brownsburg
    I am interested in getting my first optic. I'm pretty sure that I want a Holosun EPS Carry, 407k or 507k. From what I read, EPS Carry will probably win but I would like to see them / look through all three in person.

Does anyone know any places in central IN that stocks all three and where I could look through all three and compare?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I am interested in getting my first optic. I'm pretty sure that I want a Holosun EPS Carry, 407k or 507k. From what I read, EPS Carry will probably win but I would like to see them / look through all three in person.

Does anyone know any places in central IN that stocks all three and where I could look through all three and compare?
    Last time I was at Plainfield shooting they had 407k and 507k. You might call and ask them if they have an eps carry as I don't recall if they had one.

Believe there are a few different versions/reticle options for EPS carry so not sure which one you are interested in.

Looking at academy's website, Avon doesn't seem to have all of them in stock but you can look them up and check for yourself what they do have and similarly Sportsmans Warehouse in Brownsburg doesn't seem to have them all in stock based on website.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    PROBABLY the red 6 MOA but that is part of why I would like to see them. This is for a G48.
    Are you going to carry it? I have 2 407ks and now a 507c.

However, for my carry gun, I'll likely go EPS carry due to the enclosed emitter, my EDC gathers an amazing amount of dust, lint, etc. For that reason I want the EPS carry. Like you I just need to decide what reticle.

I just got the 507c recently and plan to shoot FNS tonight with it. I had been using my 407k on a different gun for the couple of times I have shot FNS so far.

I do like the simplicity of the 6moa dot on the 407k, but will see how the circle and dot on the 507c do tonight. I only have a couple of short range trips in with the 507C so far, just to get it somewhat sighted in and function check.

Last edited:

cavallo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 17, 2023
    Brownsburg
    Are you going to carry it?
    Yes. The G48 outfitted with my proven 15-round PSA magazine is essentially my EDC. Looking to get the slide milled (is not a MOS.) As an EDC it picks up an amazing amount of lint and dust today so I'm thinking EPS Carry is likely the best choice because it is fully enclosed.

I've formed an opinion but would like to see the options in person before dropping the cash.

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    Yes, definitely go eps my 407k is full of lint every night I take it off. I will add if you have an astigmatism the 6moa looked the sharpest to my eye. The 2-3moa dots look like a / to my eye sometimes it even looks like a ; or two dots stacked. The 6moa is big but atleast it's a dot.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    I concur on the 6moa dot(astigmatism)but my preferred reticle in a carry is the ACSS Vulcan and you'll only find that in a 507k(or 507C and 509T but those aren't considered here). Primary Arms dumped a bunch of 'open box' green 507k ACSS's on ebay a couple of days ago for $209. Might be worth watching to see if any more pop up.

Top Bottom