Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Ruger warranty sucks

[FONT=&amp]
    faqQuestion.gif
    Why No Warranty Card Has Been Packed With Your New Ruger® Firearm?
    faqClose.gif

The Magnuson-Moss Act (Public Law 93-637) does not require any seller or manufacturer of a consumer product to give a written warranty. It does provide that if a written warranty is given, it must be designated as "limited" or as "full" and sets minimum standards for a "full" warranty. Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. has elected not to provide any written warranty, either "limited" or "full", rather than to attempt to comply with the provisions of the Magnuson-Moss Act and the regulations issued thereunder. There are certain implied warranties under state law with respect to sales of consumer goods. As the extent and interpretation of these implied warranties varies from state to state, you should refer to your state statutes. Sturm, Ruger & Company wishes to assure its customers of its continued interest in providing service to owners of Ruger® firearms.

Dan Wesson warranty still sucks but slightly less (5 years).

You can pick up the comparable DW model for about $1450 on gun broker , the Ruger has a couple more bells and whistles but it is 1750 wish.

Paying big bucks for a gun that the manufacturer does not have the guts to stand behind does not thrill me.

STI on the other hand:[/FONT]

THE STI WARRANTY.

STI strives to provide our customers with the highest quality, most reliable guns possible. Simply put, if it breaks we fix it. Normal use, abuse or neglect of proper maintenance care are excluded. We stand behind the guns we build.

If I bought based on warranty, I'd buy a Hyundai over a Lexus.

Warranties are next to worthless anyway. SERVICE is what matters. And quality that means I'll likely never need it.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    And quality that means I'll likely never need it.

I don't know of any manufacturer who will not tell you that their guns break occasionally if you shoot a lot.
    If there is somebody out there who makes guns that never break, at any price point, it would be good to know. They would be crazy not to offer unlimited lifetime warranties to boost sales.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I don’t know the last time I’ve even looked at a warranty, let alone considered one before a purchase.

But we are straying from the topic at hand, as well.

I like thr lokks of this Ruger and the features, but I just don’t know if I could spend that on a Ruger 1911 given the other options that exists at a similar price point.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I know a guy who bought one, he stopped in the shop asking what I knew bout them, first thing I did was look up the price, I about $h!@ my pants!...holy crap! dealer cost is almost 1800.00!...for a ruger 9mm 1911! and I'm sure ruger spared no expense! you know, mim safety, mim beavertail, mim slide stop, mim hammer!... I could be wrong, this might be the best 1911 ever...but at 2 grand were in the same category as dan Wesson, high end kimbers, loaded springfields.

in fact the guy has high end kimbers/dan wessons/ and a Wilson combat...(he's had the Wilson for a few months and hasn't shot it yet, he's had the dan Wesson discretion for over a year, and hasn't shot it either!)

as much as I like ruger, I just don't get the "custom shop" guns (the 1911 or the 10/22), honestly I don't see the ruger custom shop lasting very long, especially selling a 10/22 with a msrp of 899.00!

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I'm sure ruger spared no expense! you know, mim safety, mim beavertail, mim slide stop, mim hammer!...

• "Match trigger featuring Koenig Shooting Sports low-mass hammer and competition sear, flat-faced trigger shoe, precision-machined cylinder and slide disconnector and hand-tuned sear spring."

Maybe they used the good stuff? For me personally I lost interest when I checked out the warranty, would like to handle one though just because they seem to have a legitimate undercut on the trigger guard and that inspires my curiosity.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    • "Match trigger featuring Koenig Shooting Sports low-mass hammer and competition sear, flat-faced trigger shoe, precision-machined cylinder and slide disconnector and hand-tuned sear spring."

Maybe they used the good stuff? For me personally I lost interest when I checked out the warranty, would like to handle one though just because they seem to have a legitimate undercut on the trigger guard and that inspires my curiosity.

ruger's warranty doesn't bother me, I had a 25 year old 10/22 that I was having misfires with, and when I called they asked do you want us to send you the parts, or do you want to send us the gun and we'll fix it?

all ruger is stating is that "
    There are certain implied warranties under state law with respect to sales of consumer goods. As the extent and interpretation of these implied warranties varies from state to state, you should refer to your state statutes." so that way, they don't have to print 50 plus extra pages in(or 50 different manuals) every product manual because every state can have different laws regarding warranty claims. (I work in a print shop, as a estimator, so I know how expensive printing is)

that and lets say commiefornia has a 100% warranty that makes the manufacturer fix any issue, and joe blow isn't really happy with the trigger pull, and takes a dremmel to the sear, and when he go's to the range, it go's full auto on him, when he sends it back to the factory, ruger thru no fault of their own, has to fix 'bubba's garage triggerjob" for free, and ruger isn't out the parts and labor because bubba didn't like the trigger pull on his 2100 dollar Koenig ruger 1911!

but as I said above, ive called ruger a few times (the only manufacturer I own more guns of is sig sauer) and I shoot them a lot (bowling pin league 3 times a month and steel challenge once a month) and every time I call they're quick to help, the last time I called them, it was for my precision rimfire, I bought it brand new, and one of the screws was stripped out, I figured they'd say its your fault, you stripped it out, but no. they asked if I wanted the parts, or if I wanted them to fix it (I had the part out already, they shipped me 2 bolts for free), another person with a precision rimfire was having accuracy issues he shipped it to them and they replaced the barrel, honestly if it were me, I wouldn't worry about rugers "magnuson-moss" warranty wording, i'd worry more about spending 2100 dollar's on a 9mm ruger!

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    IF i was in the market for a NEW 1911, i'd probably take a long hard look at the custom shop ruger.

that gun would blow my gun/ammo budget for a long time.....

it wouldnt be a "collectors" piece, i'd use it for USPSA/steel challenge.

:cheers:

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    At that price point I am not willing to do there QC for them. A $400.00 gun ok but $1750.00 no thanks. Them there is the cast verses forged frame call me old fashion I think forged is stronger. Remember we are talking size for size no tanks here. For a few dollars more you can do better and in the end it's still a Ruger.

Top Bottom