• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Seems to be the latest thing the Sams club we go to now has more self checkout lanes than cashiers. Just wondering how others feel about them? Sometimes it’s almost worth it to use them to avoid the cashier that insists on putting the heaviest item on your loaf of bread. Some how I think there should be some incentive to using them. For me most times there is always that one person that can not figure out how to use them, so there goes the time benefit.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    Seems to be the latest thing the Sams club we go to now has more self checkout lanes than cashiers. Just wondering how others feel about them? Sometimes it’s almost worth it to use them to avoid the cashier that insists on putting the heaviest item on your loaf of bread. Some how I think there should be some incentive to using them. For me most times there is always that one person that can not figure out how to use them, so there goes the time benefit.
    They should pay us for working there

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    The 12 items or less line is a lie !!!!! Go in to buy just a couple things and have to wait on the lady with a cart full of :poop: In the 12 items or less ......:wallbash:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I love the self-checkout lines. I'm usually faster than most cashiers. The only time that self-checkout is a hassle is if it's busy and I'm buying something that requires an "ID check". But generally speaking, the self-checkout lines move much faster than the full service (since there's more of them).

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Bank line > checkout line. I care about people's jobs, automation kinda sucks, I don't like the work being put on the customer, but damn I hate waiting in line behind slow people or playing the "let's profile these people and figure out who is going to be slowest" game. Self checkout is just faster overall. It's not faster 1:1 than having a cashier do it, but skipping the six people in front of you who are feeding an entire Little League team makes up for it.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    It's like amazon. The convenience is amazing, but when you get to thinking about where this is heading. It's a bit unnerving.
    $15/hr min wage here we come.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Right.. I never use the self checkouts... I don't mind waiting.. I was getting old before I got there, I dont reckon waiting in line changes that much lol:)

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    My time is worth something to me. So if I save some of it by using the self-serve lanes, then in a way, I've been "paid".

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If you're using the self checkout you're working for the store for free.
    So I rather use the line with a human cashier who gets to be paid to scan my items.

Also you can't flirt with the self-checkout machine.
    Well, you can flirt with them, but they don't listen. Pretty much the same as the human cashiers. :lmfao: But at least they won't call a manager over to report "sexual harassment"!

CPE1704TKS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2012
    I used to use the self checkout lanes because I was always faster and didn't need to unload the cart with the handheld bar code scanner. I now use Scan & Go feature in the app and scan the items as I pick them up. A quick swipe to pay on the phone and the checker at the door scans a QR code from the phone. Super quick and zero standing in the crazy lines. I was at the Sam's in Fort Wayne last Saturday and lines were over half way to the back of the store. A quick scan and out the door with no waiting for a register.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I almost always do self checkout. I am particular how I like my things bagged. I like my cold things and my dry goods in their own bags, not packaged together. I want soaps in their very own bags so they don't leak on anything else.

I don't want to only get two bags for $100 worth of stuff. I hate how many cashiers try to stuff as many items as they can into one bag and then give me a dirty look when I ask them to double bag it.

Most cashier stress me out by how they over bag or improperly bag my stuff so I would rather do it myself.

My payment for doing so is that I get to have as many bags as I want without getting dirty looks or po'd.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom