• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • harokyle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    I very much enjoy reading peoples stories of confrontation with criminals and how they handled the situation. So lets here em.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    My biceps have thus far been adequate deterrent. I fear the day is coming where that won't work and I'll be forced to bare my abs. Failing that, I'll probably look past the assaulter, scream and cringe while drawing the XD and blast 'em.

Actually in my daydreams (i mean mental training) I'm usually stumbling across something in process and get to be a hero.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Not self defence, but was at a pawn shop, and a guy took off with a gold necklace, I ran to my car got my gun (before Ky had a permit system) and took off after him. I ran around a building, headed off at the pass so to speak, and he reached in his shirt like he had a gun, I pointed my gun at him and told turn around, long story short he gave me the gold, and I let him go (no shoot scenario!) got the gold back to the pawn shop. They were happy, I was too.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Not self defence, but was at a pawn shop, and a guy took off with a gold necklace, I ran to my car got my gun (before Ky had a permit system) and took off after him. I ran around a building, headed off at the pass so to speak, and he reached in his shirt like he had a gun, I pointed my gun at him and told turn around, long story short he gave me the gold, and I let him go (no shoot scenario!) got the gold back to the pawn shop. They were happy, I was too.

Wow, never in a BILLION years would I do that.

Make that 2 billion.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I must be missing something, you got your gun and chased down a thief of property that wasn't yours?

Hoosierdood: when lifting your shirt in those scenarios, do you scream anything in particular?

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I've urinated myself many times in self defense. Even though I've had a S&W 686 or a Glock 27 on my hip at the time, I just freeze/cry/urinate (in that order) and those pesky kids always turn and walk away. They simply don't respect me enough to make me a victim.

B27R

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    there are more LOL's in here than I would expect. Srsly, though, as serious as you can be on teh interwebs, hasn't anyone even had their dog yipp and woof some would-be intruder off the front porch or something? Maybe even just hump the mail man's leg?

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I was shooting craps in Fountain Square years ago and took a guys last 5 bucks. He pulled out a little Sterling 22 and I grabbed it out of his hand before he got it fully out of his pocket.
    I pointed it between his eyes and all he could say was..."Um Um Um, and with my own damned gun"

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    The only real "self defense" situation I've ever had to date didn't involve a firearm, but rather my leg, my shoe and a massive, all-I-could muster drop-kick out of fear, directly to the jaw of a charging German Shepard that was coming at me full tilt with mouth-a-foaming and teeth bared! The dog belonged to my buddy at the time and apparantly the dog was never let out of the house because he would get very viscous towards any strangers that came up the drive. I guess that particular day wasn't mine (nor his) lucky day.

Needless to say, My foot= 1, Dog's jaw= 0

Heard a loud "crack" when I connected and broke his lower jaw on the spot, flipping him over backwards and stopping him dead in his tracks. Hated to do it, but it was either me or him and I wasn't about to wait to see if he was "just playin" to find out if he was serious or not..... He looked pizzed off to me!!

Dog never messed with me again and I never went into my buddies house again either... True story.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I've urinated myself many times in self defense. Even though I've had a S&W 686 or a Glock 27 on my hip at the time, I just freeze/cry/urinate (in that order) and those pesky kids always turn and walk away. They simply don't respect me enough to make me a victim.

:laugh:
    That's a good use of your "other gun"

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    The only real "self defense" situation I've ever had to date didn't involve a firearm, but rather my leg, my shoe and a massive, all-I-could muster drop-kick out of fear, directly to the jaw of a charging German Shepard that was coming at me full tilt with mouth-a-foaming and teeth bared! The dog belonged to my buddy at the time and apparantly the dog was never let out of the house because he would get very viscous towards any strangers that came up the drive. I guess that particular day wasn't mine (nor his) lucky day.

Needless to say, My foot= 1, Dog's jaw= 0

Heard a loud "crack" when I connected and broke his lower jaw on the spot, flipping him over backwards and stopping him dead in his tracks. Hated to do it, but it was either me or him and I wasn't about to wait to see if he was "just playin" to find out if he was serious or not..... He looked pizzed off to me!!

Dog never messed with me again and I never went into my buddies house again either... True story.

Great story! I've a a few run in's with dogs too. I had some business at an assisted living facility (old folks home) - had to make multiple visits - where they had a mean mongral who growled at everyone and occasionally nipped at people. Finally one day after growling at me, he turned to leave, and after looking around to see if the coast was clear, I smacked the tar out of his hind end, nealy spun him around on that tile floor. I was damn tired of waiting to be bit. He never growled at me again.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    A guy I work with had a similar experience. Except it was his girlfriend's dog. And the dog was a Pomeranian. And his girlfriend lived in a second floor apartment. And the sliding door to the balcony was open.

Top Bottom