• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ekbarnes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Indianapolis
    i never understood why they insisted girls carry a knife, gun, or pepper spray with them; until about a year ago when i was in a situation where i wished i would of had something with me. i agree that it is important to know as much as possible about self defense. any thoughts?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Girls, guys, doesn't matter. We are each responsible for our own protection and that of our families. Females and smaller males like me are sometimes mistaken for easier targets, and that makes it more likely we will be targeted. Sucks to be whoever makes that mistake with me, my wife, and apparently you.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    The sad thing, is that some people won't realize that they may have needed a gun until it's too late. There are certain things in life where there are no "re-dos."

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    My girlfriend asks this all the time, my answer is "hopefully it will never happen to us" I pray and hope she never understands why I always have my pistol with me. It's worth the "b****ing" I have to endure, ultimately I know that I am smarter than her :cool:

Old Greg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    I think it is important for everyone to have some form of self-defense and to know how to use it effectively. Even if you live in a safe area and never travel to the "bad" parts of town. A clever criminal hits you where you think you are safe. Guns, knives, pepper spray, martial arts, whatever your posion may be. Be aware and stay armed.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I believe that, in most cases, those who decide to carry a firearm, and train to do it safely and effectively, also change the way they think about everyday situations, like being aware of your surroundings. This is a state of mind that is lost on the sheep, who deny that bad things can happen to them, and, they ultimately end up as victims. Carrying a weapon, wether it be a knife, a gun, or a sharp stick should go hand in hand with other forms of self preservation.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    the sheep, who deny that bad things can happen to them, and, they ultimately end up as victims. QUOTE]

So, do you think this victimization is inevitable?

Thanks

Mark

No, I think what he is saying is that people that are against our right
    to self defense because they think nothing ever happens are usually
    proven how wrong they are in a spectacular way.

Just like the indy star reporter that is against guns and says that we don't
    have a need to protect ourselves, but just got himself mugged last week.

Star columnist receives minor injuries in assault | IndyStar.com | The Indianapolis Star

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Several years ago a a buddy & me were walking out of wal-mart, next thing I know there is a fist coming through the window of the van. the guy was about halfway in, my hand is on the gun getting ready to draw. at that range i couldn't have missed & he would have been dead. The whole thing started because he bumped into my buddy or my buddy bumped into him. Obviously he had a chip on his shoulder that night, but it almost cost him his life. That is the only time I came close to pulling my weapon & defending myself(so far that is).

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    any thoughts?
    Yeah. One thing that amazes me is - the whole phenomenon of many people having an attitude that "it can't/won't happen to me," until it DOES happen to them, and then the light bulb goes off in their thinking and they have some kind of conversion (if they're fortunate enough to live through the first experience).

It's like wow, why can't/won't some people look at the data/information available to them and make inferences about their life? (I know, denial, etc. I just find it incredible.)

Tell me the stove is hot. Fine. I don't need to touch it myself, and get burned to know it's hot.

Tell me cyanide is a deadly poison. Fine by me. I don't need to ingest it myself to find out.

BUT, for some reason, all the crime stats, all the stores on the news, etc., aren't sufficient for folks to understand the situation/make decisions about their lives. Then some such thing happens to them personally, and suddenly they get it. Problem is sometimes people don't get a second chance at this.

Glad you've finally had an epiphany in your life. Hopefully you'll benefit personally from a more realistic view of the world in which we live.

reeceman1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    westside indy
    We should all be aware of what is going on around us, and hopefully, we will see the fight coming before it happens. LEO can't protect us everywhere we go all the time to the dismay of some lawmakers that want to take our rights away. I hate the fact that laws are making it easier for the criminals to do what they do when the right to defend yourself is taken away.

Top Bottom