• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jwmeador

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Franklin
    I'm thinking about selling a Noveske SBR and Suppressor that i have. Would it be best to sell to a gun shop? I know the process for selling to an individual. What exactly would be the process if i sold the sbr and suppressor to a gun shop? Or would the average NFA gun shop even buy a used SBR or Suppressor?

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I'm sure you could find a shop to buy them for far less than what you could get by selling them yourself.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    The shop would have to pay the $200 tax per item back then resell it, so they would already be into said guns for $400 plus whatever they offer you for them.

It would be easier if you sold them to another individual.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    It's been known to happen that gun stores will log transferables in for repair and sell it / them, and the owner of the gun stops by after transferable has sold and fill out paperwork then. The gun store is the go between that the deal completes it self.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Def make more parting it out. not many people will buy a registered lower unless its a factory SBR and doesnt have your info engraved. What upper and can I may be interested.....

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Take it apart, lower off the upper. Sell the upper. Call atf and take it out of the NFA registry, sell it. No NFA **** to worry about. Then whoever buys it can just form 1 it if they want.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Take it apart, lower off the upper. Sell the upper. Call atf and take it out of the NFA registry, sell it. No NFA **** to worry about. Then whoever buys it can just form 1 it if they want.

You have to submit those notifications in writing. Calling won't do any good. Also, once you put it in Title I configuration and transfer it to someone else, it is no longer an NFA item, you don't have to wait for the ATF.

Top Bottom