Selling of ban state firearms… in non ban states.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    This is maybe a big box store phenomenon.

I was at Cabelas in Noblesville, and the outfitter behind the counter was showing the customer various ARs…

I really didn’t give them a second look until he showed the customer a Springfield Saint with the California compliant strike pistol grip. This is the grip with the absolutely obnoxious blade on it to make it California compliant.

I saw that thing and it really shocked me, first what dimwits try and sell that to anyone in Indiana?

It was really clear that the gun buyer just hated the thing, as it prevented him from really grasping the pistol grip. I mentioned to them that the reason for it was California compliance. The outfitter responded that they sold a number of ARs here with that sort of grip, I bit my tongue but the gun buyer was clearly preturbed by the blade on the grip. So I mentioned that if it really bugged him for 15 bucks or whatever he could put on one from the accessories isle. I them left them too it with no further comment.

So what the hell, are some of these big box stores really dumb enough to sell this stuff here?

it’s not the first time, I at one time saw a used bushmaster at Gander Mountain with a bullet button mag release.

Last edited:

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    This is maybe a big box store phenomenon.

I was at Cabelas in Noblesville, and the outfitter behind the counter was showing the customer various ARs…

I really didn’t give them a second look until he showed the customer a Springfield Saint with the California compliant strike pistol grip. This is the grip with the absolutely obnoxious blade on it to make it California compliant.

I saw that thing and it really shocked me, first what dimwits try and sell that to anyone in Indiana?

It was really clear that the gun buyer just hated the thing, as it prevented him from really grasping the pistol grip. I mentioned to them that the reason for it was California compliance. The outfitter responded that they sold a number of ARs here with that sort of grip, I bit my tongue but the gun buyer was clearly preturbed by the blade on the grip. So I mentioned that if it really bugged him for 15 bucks or whatever he could put on one from the accessories isle. I them left them too it with no further comment.

So what the hell, are some of these big box stores really dumb enough to sell this stuff here?

it’s not the first time, I at one time saw a used bushmaster at Gander Mountain with a bullet button mag release.
    Some moron ordered the wrong model off the website. He then canceled the order and used the money to buy the proper one. They have sold ZERO of them to my knowledge in the past 2.5 years. The store had no choice but to eat it.

Last edited:

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Can’t help but see this idiocy in a big box store! Ouch! :ugh:
    Yeah if an LGS screwed up like this.. at least with this model, you know they would just walk over to the take off bin.. and put a normal A2 grip on it. I can imagine most LGS's have a ton of cast off unwanted grips laying around.. and would just fix it for no cost to them but 5 minutes and some screwdriver time.

But big box store? Ahh foist it off like that.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    That poor thing is still there.

It may just have been the big box store.. Someone ordered a 45ACP Glock off the website.. Cabelas sent a 45GAP glock! The poor guy was like... what is 45 GAP?

Top Bottom