• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Looking at possibly selling something I bought on a whim and wished I hadn’t shortly after. Had it a while now perhaps 2 years and have put maybe 100 round through it. Never really warmed up to it, and honestly I really don’t see a purpose in hanging on to it. So how do you go about pricing a used handgun? I really do not see the possibility of regretting selling it so why not.

Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Check asking prices on gunbroker. New price minus 30% may be a good starting point. Everyone does it different. Some try to make a profit, some think it's worth more than what they paid for it, Some guns do go up in value, some don't. Put a price on it that you feel is fair to you and the buyer.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I look up the same model in the INGO classifieds to see what sold for how much.

If we are in odd times or some sort of buying panic, I'll search similar forums around the web. I'm not familiar enough with Gunbroker or Armslist to cypher what is right and what is crazy.

Call me weird, but whenever I buy any gun in the modern day, it's resale is a consideration. No prima donnas, no early adopters, no smaller companies, no brand new models. Only buy what is THE most popular for their category. No problems finding or getting stuck with accessories and gear that way also.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    That. Some of them think that groups of them will bid each other's stuff up but then some how back out after the bidding is over. Just to try to drive the prices up in the market. Heck there has even been mention of using it for laundering money.
    I have heard similar things about ebay. Shill bidding to drive the price of the item, then retracting their bid if they become the highest bidder. Then the owner of the item contacts the next highest bidder (an actual) bidder and offers them the item at their highest bid.

Of course this can be reported if suspected, meanwhile the item owners pulls this many times before someone looks into it.

Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Yeah, some prices on GB are absurd but, some prices in the classifieds here are too. GB is an auction with a lot more variety of product and a lot bigger audience. It can be a good place to start. Asking price is not selling price unless you are willing to pay it, just like here. Always easier to reduce your price than it is to increase it.

CTBay

Marksman
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 13, 2021
    Bedford
    I have heard similar things about ebay. Shill bidding to drive the price of the item, then retracting their bid if they become the highest bidder. Then the owner of the item contacts the next highest bidder (an actual) bidder and offers them the item at their highest bid.

Of course this can be reported if suspected, meanwhile the item owners pulls this many times before someone looks into it.

Yes. Bet if you go to ebay you will find a princess beanie baby sold for like $2,000. That is someone with two accounts selling it to themselves to “create a market” and hopefully convince someone to pay $2000 for something that is worth $5.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    When the decision to off something is made , I price it to sell FAST. Most cases in a few hours. It’s taking up space. No time to deal with flakes or such. Money talks. I am not or wanna be in the gun resale business. Retired my FFL in 1976.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    I figure list it at 15% less than I paid if unfired or excellent condition. The buyer is saving 15% plus tax, and the inflation for those two years.
    List it, as OBO and see where it takes you.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Top Bottom