• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • US1882

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2020
    Noblesville
    Check asking prices on gunbroker. New price minus 30% may be a good starting point. Everyone does it different. Some try to make a profit, some think it's worth more than what they paid for it, Some guns do go up in value, some don't. Put a price on it that you feel is fair to you and the buyer.
    The 30% off new seems a little steep in this market and there are lots of factors. Can’t imagine buying a $600 Glock 19 bought 6 months ago would selling for only $420 especially with buyer saving sales tax, transfers and registration.

Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    The 30% off new seems a little steep in this market and there are lots of factors. Can’t imagine buying a $600 Glock 19 bought 6 months ago would selling for only $420 especially with buyer saving sales tax, transfers and registration.
    I very, very seldom buy NEW guns. I let other people pay the big markups. I can't imagine buying a Glock either.

Last edited:

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Well it all comes down to three things: condition, condition, condition.

Sellers tend to give themselves an extra grade while buyers tend to subtract an extra grade. There is a difference in NIB and LNIB and MINT. All the lesser grades have variables also.

There are no price police that mandate what price every gun should sell for. But for guidance there are books and places on the internet that can offer a starting point. These sites do not take in account geographical oddities and trends. For instance, before the .30-30 was legal to hunt deer with the national price was $500+ where I could buy them for $300+ all day long here in Indiana. Now, all bets are off. People will argue the .30-30 is the best deer round and has taken more deer and at the same time say the 7.62x39 is inadequate while both share similar ballistics.

So it is a matter of "what will someone give?" It has already been said that they price something to move and have it off their hands in hours not weeks. You know what you have in the gun, ask yourself what it is 'worth to you' in realistic terms (no 'but this was aunt Jennies...) and put it out there. I know a lot of gun people and I only know one who has gotten rich off selling guns and I can't see that list changing anytime soon.

My LGS owners grandfather gave him a valuable saying: "You can sheer a sheep many times but only skin him once." If you offer a good product at a good price and earn feedback then people are going to be more willing to deal with you. The opposite is also true. Don't be out to try and screw everyone and you will do fine...

Top Bottom