• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scout103

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Hey y'all,

I'm kinda of at a loss here. Why is there a huge push for a ban on modern semi-auto rifles AR's, AK's? To the best of my knowledge the school shooter only used two 9mm handguns, the rifle stayed in his car. Why are the anti-gunners not pushing for a handgun ban? Looking for your thoughts.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The push is because they're evil. Don't try to out think an Anti-2a because they don't think - you'll hurt your brain.

Really, how many threads do we need in each forum devoted to the same subject?

Last edited:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Hey y'all,

I'm kinda of at a loss here. Why is there a huge push for a ban on modern semi-auto rifles AR's, AK's? To the best of my knowledge the school shooter only used two 9mm handguns, the rifle stayed in his car. Why are the anti-gunners not pushing for a handgun ban? Looking for your thoughts.
    You would be wrong. The Bushmaster was the primary weapon used. The killer left a shotgun in the car. The killer used one of the pistols to commit suicide.

Catfish33

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Clifford, In
    Originally the rifle was in the trunk. And then the media decided it wasn't and that he used it to kill them all. I do not trust anything the media has said about what guns were actually used for the shootings at his point.

You would be wrong. The Bushmaster was the primary weapon used. The killer left a shotgun in the car. The killer used one of the pistols to commit suicide.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Originally the rifle was in the trunk. And then the media decided it wasn't and that he used it to kill them all. I do not trust anything the media has said about what guns were actually used for the shootings at his point.

I also question the changing of the story from the rifle originally being in the trunk to it being his primary weapon, not sure how you could confuse that point...

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I also question the changing of the story from the rifle originally being in the trunk to it being his primary weapon, not sure how you could confuse that point...

Precisely, the story has changed soooo many times. There has been so much misinformation spread already about this affair that it is really making me wonder. I don't believe in conspiracies at all but something just isn't right. The guy could have done so much more damage with a shotgun loaded with buckshot.

Exo594

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    The guy could have done so much more damage with a shotgun loaded with buckshot.

BUT, he wouldn't have had 30 rounds and wouldn't have been able to do button-push mag changes. Also, his shooting distance would have been rather small, so buck would have stayed relatively clumped together. 30 rounds somewhat guaranteed to kill vs. 8ish really guaranteed to kill. (When shooting at children, and I hate thinking about it in "his" mindset.)

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county

I friend told that on Friday, he saw a pic on one of the news channels that showed two SWAT officers at adam's car with the AR and the shotgun on the ground below the trunk. I have tried to find it but no luck. I'm hoping spmeone finds one. ;)

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I think that is pretty easy to explain. To the uninitiated, a shotgun isn't discernible from a rifle. This is one of those times when a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. The news media is full of "little" knowledge and so are politicians.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    BUT, he wouldn't have had 30 rounds and wouldn't have been able to do button-push mag changes. Also, his shooting distance would have been rather small, so buck would have stayed relatively clumped together. 30 rounds somewhat guaranteed to kill vs. 8ish really guaranteed to kill. (When shooting at children, and I hate thinking about it in "his" mindset.)

Apparently he didn't do too many mag changes with the number of fatalities.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012

[ame]http://youtu.be/wLrxSgkqJQc[/ame]

Looks like a semi-auto 12 guage with a pistol grip... Remington 1100 maybe?

Remington1100_Tac-2.jpg

Farmritch

Expert
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OC
    Heard some bleeding heart Liberal reporter say today
    "as he reloaded another 30 rounds into his Bushmaster rifle"
    I called another Liberal Canadian (AM) station today to explain that the so called Assault weapons ban really did not stop the sales of certain rifles just stopped selling them in certain configurations.
    Guess what? she blew me off and changed the subject.
    I just informed her that her information was wrong.

castle134

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    i didnt hear anything about a shotgun at first then one shows up and now the ar was the primary weapon when i first heard it was in the car. i just read on cnn that mutiple mags of ar were used. seems like more and more is coming out and changing when i look up on it.

Top Bottom