• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It's really not much sport anymore finding and pointing out the left's hypocrisies. But if they're going to hold Murdock guilty on that misspeaks, then Hillary ought to be tarred and feathered for not-so-subtle racist comments.

https://dailycaller.com/2018/10/29/hillary-holder-booker/
    She'll get a pass just like she always does. Howbout if Trump were to have said something like that? It would be a "bombshell!" leading every mainstream media newscast and the liberal cable pundits would be pummeling him for it.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    The Republicans ran a bad enough candidate that many people who frequently vote for Republicans couldn't do so in good conscience?

That does sound familiar.

You mean the candidate that was far more of a Republican than Lugar had been in a long, long time? No the real reason he lost was because a lot of Lugar fans couldn't get over the butt hurt and either stayed home or crossed over.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    I definitely think more parties need to get involved, but sadly I don’t see it happening anytime soon.

2A rights are basically the only thing I agree with Republicans on, so I would be doing myself a disservice voting for them. Libertarians at least line up with 90% of the main issues I look at when voting.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    So, got home from voting today and picked up the mail. In it was a larger full color legal sized flyer arguing for voting for the libertarian candidate over Braun...paid for by the Indiana DemocRat Party.

I guess they're trying to see if they can get NY/Mexico/DC Joe to squeak by by siphoning off Republican votes again. Too bad they were too late to sway my vote :rolleyes:.

My son had a Polisci class last year at Valpo. The prof told the class that there was a word to describe third party candidates and voters; he got up on his chair and yelled "LOSERS!"

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I definitely think more parties need to get involved, but sadly I don’t see it happening anytime soon.

2A rights are basically the only thing I agree with Republicans on, so I would be doing myself a disservice voting for them. Libertarians at least line up with 90% of the main issues I look at when voting.

So you throw away your vote on an unelectable candidate? Perfectly rational, and you're morally covered. Congrats! And when the Dems win, you'll have Pelosi, Schumer, Waters, etc... running the government. Congrats X2 !!! Have you listened to them lately? Did you watch any of the Kavanaugh hearings?

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    You mean the candidate that was far more of a Republican than Lugar had been in a long, long time? No the real reason he lost was because a lot of Lugar fans couldn't get over the butt hurt and either stayed home or crossed over.

You seem to have a mythical idea of Republicans in your head, some kind of people who always want a small government and more freedom for the constituents while upholding 1950s family values.

You have to get that long-disproven notion out of your head. Lugar wasn't a Republican in Name Only; Lugar was the prototypical Republican. He was for big government and his own power. There's no such thing as more Republican than Lugar.

EMDX6043

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2015
    Hammond

What are your "main issues"?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Nail on the head.

Really, the only difference between the Democrats and the Republicans is what they want to spend YOUR money on. They are both big government. Both want to secure their own power structure. Both want to force THEIR ideologies down your throat. Both want just enough of the other parties pet projects to pass that they have a "boogey-man" to point at for their own purposes. Neither are FOR anything that you or I would actually benefit from. Sure, some individual reps are noteworthy, and local folks seem to be more focused on their constituents (as it should be), but the national parties have become more about the politics than about actually making this country exceptional.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I’ll probably vote for the Libertarian candidate. I don’t think I’d be able to feel okay about my vote any other way at this point.

[video=youtube;LnMsQ4YIbfo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnMsQ4YIbfo[/video]

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    What are your "main issues"?
    Other than 2A rights I look for people who support reproductive choice and LGBT rights. It’s sadly hard to find a candidate meeting all of those qualifications, although most Libertarians fit the bill.

I understand a lot of people don’t like third party votes and I do understand the rationale, but don’t want to vote in someone whose policies may negatively affect me. Not trying to be argumentative, just voicing an opinion. I know it’s hard to read tone over the internet.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Other than 2A rights I look for people who support reproductive choice and LGBT rights. It’s sadly hard to find a candidate meeting all of those qualifications, although most Libertarians fit the bill.

Let's just call these issues by what they really are. Reproductive choices is not what abortion is about, it's simply a means to commit infanticide, or in even plainer language, a woman's right to commit murder. As far as I know, there are no major or minor parties that are advocating on whether anyone has the right to or not to reproduce.

And please explain to me just exactly what rights the LGBT community do not have. They can marry, they can date whomever they choose, they can earn the same and often far more. They have every single right under the law that heterosexuals and other non confused people have. It's not about rights it's about special treatment and power over everyone's thought and lives.

No matter how much the left changes the language it still does not change the core reality.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

I understand a lot of people don’t like third party votes and I do understand the rationale, but don’t want to vote in someone whose policies may negatively affect me. Not trying to be argumentative, just voicing an opinion. I know it’s hard to read tone over the internet.
    I support gay rights and a womans right to choose what happens to her body, not that I necessarily agree with killing a baby but I believe it is not governments role. The same with marriage. Government needs to stay out of it.
    However I will make my vote count now. I am a 1 issue voter now and thats the second amendment. It protects and keeps all of the others. The supreme court is there to protect and defend the constitution from political attacks however we have seen liberal justices who do not believe in the literal interpretation of the 2nd amendment when it says "shall not be Infringed" and they call it a living document that is outdated. I will NEVER give the Democrats control of our courts or our bodies of government again by voting for a 3rd party (libertarians) that is POLITICALLY irrelevant and unable to compete. I agree with them on MANY things however at this time they do not have a shot and all a vote for them is doing is handing it to the Democrats.
    Your vote is yours alone and it is a sacred right as an American but I would beg you to reconsider and ask that you please cast a Republican ballot.
    I do not agree with everything the Republicans want or stand for however, I believe that as long as they appoint moderates and conservative justices to the supreme court who make LITERAL interpritations of the constitution then I honestly believe the issues you and I hold most dear will be safe and even expanded. I truly believe that.

EMDX6043

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2015
    Hammond
    Let's just call these issues by what they really are. Reproductive choices is not what abortion is about, it's simply a means to commit infanticide, or in even plainer language, a woman's right to commit murder. As far as I know, there are no major or minor parties that are advocating on whether anyone has the right to or not to reproduce.

And please explain to me just exactly what rights the LGBT community do not have. They can marry, they can date whomever they choose, they can earn the same and often far more. They have every single right under the law that heterosexuals and other non confused people have. It's not about rights it's about special treatment and power over everyone's thought and lives.

No matter how much the left changes the language it still does not change the core reality.

Someone beat me to it...

I've heard the same stuff from my brother-in-law's spouse, but he couldn't provide specifics. In all fairness, there was alcohol involved so I'll give him a break.

EMDX6043

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2015
    Hammond
    SarahG,

If this is really a pro-choice thing, are you sure Brenton is who you want? (source votesmart.org)

aff4d9ce-ce76-4079-bf6c-cd8a6252a0da.png

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    Thanks to everyone for their replies. I appreciate the discussion.

I’ll look into Brenton again. On her campaign website she claimed that although she is personally against abortion, she does not believe in government interference in medical decisions and would vote accordingly. Seems there’s coflicting information floating around. :dunno:

Top Bottom