• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cj52racers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Please remember that our senator Dan coats will most likely vote for any and all gun bans.

Actually, he seems semi reasonable even though he does support gun control, I am not sure to what level. He recently stated the following:

"I think we need a dialogue on that," said Sen. Dan Coats, R-Ind., of a proposed ban on assault rifles. "But we're still mourning and grieving, and children haven't been buried yet. ... To jump to a quick conclusion is not the right thing to do."

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    so granfathered firearms would have to go through NFA process??!! How am I going to wait on all f my ARs to clear...unreal.

Let's see. Currently a backlog of 30,000 NFA items causes a wait time of at least 6 months. Add 10's of millions of "assault weapons", the wait should only be 30 years or so.

coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    Hahaha once again she cannot focus and goes after EVERYTHING

Relax everybody, we've seen this idiot do this in the past. Time to go back to $10 pmags....

PS I aint registering Sh*t

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    Going after EVERYTHING is the plan... that way a more 'moderate' bill will eventually pass with Republitard Representatives patting themselves on the back for preserving some of our 2A rights. After all, something has to be done to save the children, doesn't it?.

This is a full-court press by the rabid lib left and must be met by the House with a complete refusal to concede any ground with respect to infringing on the 2A rights of law abiding citizens.

The House should hold the line and refuse to concede ground on any new gun control measures; but I don't believe the majority has the stomach or political will to do so. My guess is that a Clinton-era AWB will be passed as a reasonable compromise... hopefully with a sunset and without a registration mandate for grandfathered firearms.

I really hope I am wrong.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    "Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
    Background check of owner and any transferee;
    Type and serial number of the firearm;
    Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;" = Deal breaker. Never make it through with this in it.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Actually, he seems semi reasonable even though he does support gun control, I am not sure to what level. He recently stated the following:

"I think we need a dialogue on that," said Sen. Dan Coats, R-Ind., of a proposed ban on assault rifles. "But we're still mourning and grieving, and children haven't been buried yet. ... To jump to a quick conclusion is not the right thing to do."

Dan Coats made the last and deciding vote on the 94 AWB. He is not to be trusted in the least.

neeltburn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    I hope prayer works becuase I have been doing a lot of this lately. It is a very sad time in American history. Glock and Sig were listed as possile ban victims by Bravo Company today from I think freedom press today on Faceplant. My question is what are the firearm manufacturers doing right now? They need to get to captial hill and start talked or at least buying votes. I dont know about everyone else but have you though about how much money you would have in nfa stamps if this passes? This is how they will get you to turn them in.

Rand60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    My hope it that this will be shut down in the house. I have no confidence in the Senate. They may very well pass these restrictions. Yet at least for the next 2 years I can't see the house going along with this. As long as republicans control the house, its unlikely there would be any new laws restricting handguns. I hope all this calms down and this issue gets off the radar.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Senator Lindsey Graham was unusually firm this morning on Fox News Sunday in standing against gun control. He said he owns an AR15. Especially surprising was the strength of his comments while sitting next to Senator Feinstein.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TravGreen2703!!
    Top Bottom