• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Here is a link to Senator Coat's statement on Obama's press conference today regarding "gun violence".

Coats Statement on President Obama

I spoke at length with Coats north east regional director about the senator's stance, prior to Obama's statement. It sounds like he gets it, and he is directing his staff to fight it all, tooth and nail.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Every single time I see someone mention culture and gun violence, I can't help but think of this...

http://youtu.be/hR3t7j2tUec

Heard a similar message many times but it seems that people don't get it. There are things that should be done to help people with mental (and anger) issues but the media needs to stop turning psychos into celebs.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    I think this is the first statement I have seen from any of our elected representatives that is nothing but rhetoric that is about clear as mud. Good for Coats to make a stand.

cmstuard

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    96   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    SW Indiana
    A fellow INGO'er that I met in a trade deal told me that he use to fly Coats around the state. He said that Coat's is very pro gun based on our discussion on the subject and even asked him if he was carrying. He does get it. I'm not sure we will have as much luck with Donnelly. We need everyone to call and write Donnelly so he gets it also.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I will not support legislation or executive actions that would affect gun ownership rights for law-abiding citizens, including any assault weapons ban.

Sounds good.:yesway:

Of course the more cynical amoung us might point out that he didn't say anything about magazine restrictions.:D

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    You must stay on top on Coats despite what he says now. In '94 he announced in Ft. Wayne that would vote against Clinton's "assault weapons" ban and went to DC and voted for it the very next day. He's very prone to Potomac fever.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    "This is willful retardation at its finest."
    :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

+1 to the guy in the vid. Straight up comon sense laced with sarcasm. I think we might be long lost brothers....

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Ted and Carmel HP, you are both very correct.

He voted for the AWB in 94 and screwed up badly. He got spanked for it and had to sit in the corner for a few years. He has been reformed, and reeducated.

Prior to his nomination, and then election, this time, he was brought up to speed on what a semiauto is, what an assault rifle" is, what a machine gun is. Mag vs clip, NFA laws, etc etc. He gets it. Based on my conversations with his staff, he even gets it to the point that he will argue in meetings with people who DON'T get it, setting them straight. There is hope.

But you are right, we need to stay on him.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The founding fathers put into law the power to impeach any president who refuses to submit to the checks and balances of the legislature and the judical branch and decides to circumvent the constitiution.
    They knew that people like obumma would be born into this world. The founding fathers did not want to see this republic become a dictatorship.

Any member of congress that is not willing to impeach obumma is clearly not fullfilling their sworn responsiblity. They need to resign their leadership post and walk away from their gravy train wage and benefit package, including their obscene retirement.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Whether he gets it or not, we still need to make sure he knows that we won't put up with infringement of our rights. I'm going to write his office a letter letting then know I appreciate them fighting for the constitution as they should.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Muncie
    I'm not sure we will have as much luck with Donnelly. We need everyone to call and write Donnelly so he gets it also.

I would love to. Tried last night while sending other emails to Coats, Boehner and McConnell, but he hasn't cared enough to set up contact info yet. Anyone else had any luck contacting him?

Top Bottom