• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    As some of you know I helped Senator Dan Coats in his recent election. I asked his communication director in DC if she could send me an email about his views on a potential assault weapons ban so that I could post it. I decided to do so due to Senator Lugers recent support of an assault weapons ban.

Hello Mr. Fillers,

Thank you for your email today. I really appreciate you reaching out to us on this and helping us get the word out about the Senator’s position. Here is the official statement from Senator Coats on this issue:
    “I will not support the proposed legislation to ban assault weapons,” said Senator Dan Coats.

Let me know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me.

Fool me three times and I guess I am just an idiot.

Didn't Dan Coats vote with the anti-gun lobby twice so far after promising not to???

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    That's just plain ignorance right there. Negative rep me all you want, as if that's going to force me to change my opinion. You would rather have it all or nothing, is basically what you are saying. You my friend, have a lot of learning of your own.

If your going to insult me, and speak of how crazy and radical my ideas are and that I need to learn and unlearn, then educate me. Don't just toss up a sentence that was lazily put together. Take the effort, or don't post at all. As far as anyone's concerned, you're just padding your post count.

Yep, it's smoking357 all right. I think I know what he's smoking too.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    I come from NYC where we're not allowed to have guns. I guess you need to be in a possition where you're not allowed, then granted access, to understand my possition. I'm happy to own a gun, I can't imagine myself not having one. They are pushing to take them away. We have to come to a compromise. The "This is my god given, constitutional right" mentality, is not going to win the war. Because of crazies with guns, we are in this problem.
    No, I don't need to be in that position (though I have) to understand (not agree with) your mentality. This isn't the only place I've been.
    No, we don't "have to come to a compromise". There can be no compromise with such people. When you start from a position of rights that shall not be infringed, and compromise with they who are "pushing to take them away", they always get part of what they want and you always lose part of what you had. They'll always be back for more, and you'll lose more the next time you "compromise", so incrementally and eventually they get all they wanted and you've "compromised" away everything you had.

They've already taken more than "they" should have ever been allowed to.
    Give them nothing.

Usually, people who oppose testing, are those who are unsure they'll pass.
    False assumption.
    The system is broken, according to the law, we have the right to bear arms no if ands or but about it. But we do have ifs, ands, and buts.
    The ifs, ands, and buts are infringements because of "compromise".

Josed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Trevlan your ideas are considered radical because they will not work. You can't trade freedom for layers of bureaucracy, unless you just want to loose your Second Amendment rights. Look no further than the State you moved from, things where not that nutty in the beginning. It also illustrates the mentality that landed NY State last, in a George Mason University study that ranked all 50 States in different aspects of freedom.
    Freedom in the 50 States: An Index of Personal and Economic Freedom | Mercatus. Government is not there to protect your freedom, government will take them is you give it half a chance. I'm sure that Michael Blomberg would agree with your ideas, and he is not a supporter of the Second Amendment.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    You're a troll rivaled only by your idiocracy.

You come to a gun board and start saying gun owners need to be drugged, interrogated, and cataloged, and I'm the troll. You must be from New York. Do you take a **** in the pew in church too?

Trevlan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    Franklin Township
    Trevlan your ideas are considered radical because they will not work. You can't trade freedom for layers of bureaucracy, unless you just want to loose your Second Amendment rights. Look no further than the State you moved from, things where not that nutty in the beginning. It also illustrates the mentality that landed NY State last, in a George Mason University study that ranked all 50 States in different aspects of freedom.
    Freedom in the 50 States: An Index of Personal and Economic Freedom | Mercatus. Government is not there to protect your freedom, government will take them is you give it half a chance. I'm sure that Michael Blomberg would agree with your ideas, and he is not a supporter of the Second Amendment.

This is what I'm talking about. I'm obviously ignorant to your struggles. A little education goes a long way.

I'm a firsttimer owning firearms. I'd rather compromise than to have nothing at all. But you are all correct. You give them an inch, they'll take a foot. It is a major problem. At the end, you can protest whatever you want, they'll do what they deem fit. Regardless of our opinions. So I'll take what I can have now. I'll deal with the crazies you don't mind being armed, they are far and few between.

Trevlan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    Franklin Township
    You come to a gun board and start saying gun owners need to be drugged, interrogated, and cataloged, and I'm the troll. You must be from New York. Do you take a **** in the pew in church too?

You must have misunderstood my post. I only want a psycological evaluation to deem if someone is fit to purchase a gun, under the influence of a truth serum because most of these tests are easily defeated. Cataloged, only by firearm, so that if there is a random shooting, and your gun happens to be on the database, you must answer for it.

According to your 'radical' thinking, criminals have the right to bear arms as well.

What exactly do you mean, 'You must be from New York'? I don't get the reference, and I don't see how where I'm from is relavant to the current discussion.

What is this about the pew in church? If this is hillbilly talk, you are loosing me.

I'm pro gun. I own many. I jumped through the hoops for an LTCH. Guns are a great responsibility. Any idiot such as yourself, can loose his cool and end someone elses life with a firearm just because you have it on you.

I get the struggle. If you compromise, they take and take until there is nothing left. But like I said before, they will take regardless of your kicking and screaming.

And I didn't come to a gun board to preach about gun control, I came to a gun board to learn about guns and the laws that sorround it. If my idea about how gun purchasing/control should be handled disagrees with you; Then don't vote for me when I run for senator. Dumbass, you must be face_mob from the IGN forums. Who's face_mob? Exactly my point.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    If my idea about how gun purchasing/control should be handled disagrees (sic) with you; Then don't vote for me when I run for senator. Dumbass, you must be face_mob from the IGN forums. Who's face_mob? Exactly my point.
    Your superior intelligence and classiness is shining through.

And I didn't come to a gun board to preach about gun control, I came to a gun board to learn about guns and the laws that sorround (sic) it.
    Then maybe you should shut up and listen.

Trevlan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    Franklin Township
    Of all the offspring of Time, Error is the most ancient, and is so old and familiar an acquaintance, that Truth, when discovered, comes upon most of us like an intruder, and meets the intruder's welcome.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Of all the offspring of Time, Error is the most ancient, and is so old and familiar an acquaintance, that Truth, when discovered, comes upon most of us like an intruder, and meets the intruder's welcome.

Don't worry about it, that's just hillbilly talk, you wouldn't understand.

Trevlan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    Franklin Township
    This is what I predict. If we don't play ball, they are going to amend the amendments. When this happens, I wont even want to tell you I told you so.

And I understand perfectly what your signature means. I'm the intruder it's speaking of. I've padded your post count long enough, good luck with Senator Dan Coats.

My apologies to the thread starter, I've turned your discussion into a circus.

Top Bottom