• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Just wait until they hear about the investigation hinderance this would cause.

So bad guys just move to revolvers. Now there is no more brass left behind for investigators to get prints off of, etc. :facepalm:

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Well you can't rule over a population that can shoot back. It's the goal no matter how many losses they take. They are passionate about ruling over us and you can't rationalize emotions.

Agreed, but your first sentence exposes the futility of their task.
    They figure to knock our numbers down piecemeal, through intimidation and lawfare, but when they cross that line that effectively says "you can't have your rights, anymore" then what's to be lost by shooting back.

Using the figures from the most recent fraudulent election one would suppose 81 million mostly unarmed people would be trying to subdue 73 million people, who are mostly armed to the teeth (training regimens aside).

They endlessly claim "the right wing wants a civil war" (though none of us do), but they don't possess the self awareness, or a vivid enough imagination, to see what they're heading into.
    Although they may strive to make it so, we'll never be put in a position where we can't shoot back.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    Agreed, but your first sentence exposes the futility of their task.
    They figure to knock our numbers down piecemeal, through intimidation and lawfare, but when they cross that line that effectively says "you can't have your rights, anymore" then what's to be lost by shooting back.

Using the figures from the most recent fraudulent election one would suppose 81 million mostly unarmed people would be trying to subdue 73 million people, who are mostly armed to the teeth (training regimens aside).

They endlessly claim "the right wing wants a civil war" (though none of us do), but they don't possess the self awareness, or a vivid enough imagination, to see what they're heading into.
    Although they may strive to make it so, we'll never be put in a position where we can't shoot back.
    I hope we never have to shoot back, but yeah, I do believe both sides don't want a civil war but I feel like we are already there, it's just that it hasn't really got violent yet.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I would like to live in a country where I won't get murdered while shopping for groceries or visiting a mall with my family or have my door kicked in by supposed victims of poverty...but I don't.

My Second Amendment right provides me something that shall not be infringed upon, my right to protect my family and myself from harm.

Ridiculous and (in my novice opinion) illegal manipulations of our Constitutional rights will not stop criminals and evil people from obtaining firearms and using them against good citizens. I refuse to allow my family to fall prey to others evil intentions.

I cannot depend on the police to save my family when they are 10 minutes away and five armed attackers are kicking in my door. I cannot depend on the police when a lunatic opens fire in a crowded mall or grocery store. I don't want or need very much, but my right to quickly and overwhelmingly put a stop to violence from happening to my family, is non-negotiable.

It would seem that those that manipulate the law to disarm the good citizens, do so because they are afraid of said good citizens. They don't want to lose their power, control, money, status, etc. Perhaps, they have agendas that work against the citizenry for their benefit. Perhaps, they have forgot that they work for us, not lord over or own us. Freedom doesn’t mean more control.
    Government has gone, for the most part, too far. Our forefathers did not instill term limits, because they could not even foresee any government officials, trying to stay in government for decades...a nice thought, but nieve at best.

Most of them do believe that they are "above us", and that we are subjects or assets for them to exploit. I think it comes from being able to be in positions of authority too long.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Received this (as did everyone signed up for NRA-ILA email alerts) from David Conte (AKA my NRA-ILA POC) earlier this week.

I've known David for several years. I'm thankful he is on our side in the fight for our 2A Rights.

If you sign up for these alerts, David won't fill your inbox and you'll like what he sends.

KellyinAvon --

Last week, Senators Angus King (IND-ME) and Martin Heinrich (D-NM) introduced perhaps the most sweeping gun prohibition bill of the 21st Century. Both had voted against prior versions of federal “assault weapons” bans, making their debut effort into the genre notable not only for its scope but as a paradigmatic in-office flip-flop.
    Please see the latest NRA-ILA Alert for more details on the "GOSAFE Act" HERE.

“This legislation blatantly violates the U.S. Constitution and U.S. Supreme Court rulings by banning the very types of firearms and magazines most often utilized by Americans for defending themselves and their families. This bill unjustly and improperly places the full burden of the law on law-abiding residents, while doing nothing to take guns out of the hands of dangerous criminals. The NRA opposes this legislation and will fight to protect the constitutional freedoms of all law-abiding Americans.” – Randy Kozuch, Executive Director of the NRA’s Institute for Legislative Action

Most assault weapons bills to be introduced in Congress follow a similar formula. First, they ban various types of firearms by name, usually adding “their duplicates or copies,” whatever that might mean. Then they generically prohibit all semiautomatic long guns with certain supposed “military-style“ features. Finally, they ban detachable magazines based on their capacity, typically drawing the line at 10 rounds. This bill, however, targets semiautomatic firearms of all kinds and configurations, presumptively banning them as a class, and then exempting some of them. The usual magazine ban is also included, capping legal capacity of most types of ammunition feeding devices at 10 rounds. This legislation goes even further. If passed, the bill would order ATF to publish a list of whatever semiautomatic firearms remain legal for sale to and possession by the general public. This is likely due to the vague definitions and exemptions within the bill.

We have said it many times before when it comes to “assault weapons” bans, but it bears repeating: the guns targeted by this bill are primarily owned by law-abiding people who keep them for defensive and other lawful purposes. They are in fact the most popular guns sold in America today. And, semiautomatic rifles are actually underrepresented in murders, behind not just other guns but other types of weapons, including knives and even hands and feet.

Beyond all of the practical problems with the bill, it clearly violates the Second Amendment. The Supreme Court has made clear that the Second Amendment protects arms “in common use” for lawful purposes. And just last year, the Supreme Court laid out the test for evaluating whether a law is in violation of the Second Amendment. To survive Second Amendment scrutiny, a law must be consistent with America’s history and tradition of arms regulation.

In the end, this legislation follows the same path as most modern gun control by attempting to blame violent crime on America’s law-abiding gun owners while doing nothing to stop those who use firearms unlawfully.

Please stay tuned to your email inbox and www.nraila.org for more updates!

In Freedom,

David Conte
    NRA-ILA Grassroots

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Does it really matter at this point? The scum sucking vile heathens in DC will vote whatever they want into law. Does anyone intend to comply? They may as well ban breathing oxygen.

Top Bottom