• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    That tells me he's a genius, not about his beliefs.

giphy.gif

Pot isn't necessarily a conservative or liberal issue, one way or the other. Likewise, making money is certainly conservative, but plenty of liberals do it too...they just act like they don't.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Maybe a pipe dream for some, but I do not think it's in the cards for him. He is the most marketable athlete of all-time. With his stake in the Jordan brand (a subsidiary of Nike), I believe Michael Jordan will beat Payton Manning to the billion dollar net worth checkpoint. But Peyton Manning is incredibly competitive. In the long run he will out earn Michael Jordan. He cannot do that as a public servant. I imagine he will break into a front office and part of his deal, on his terms, will be with equity in a team. That alone will increase the potential to fill seats and build a fan base...if the NFL could manage to get out of their own way.

As a public servant, I imagine national sponsorships - Buick, Gatorade, Nationwide, Papa John's, satellite TV - and endorsement deals/media/marketing will not be kosher and would be seen as a conflict of interest . As long as he's in the private sector he can have his cake and eat it too.

Peyton Manning will never catch Michael Jordan, and he certainly won't beat him to the billion dollar mark. Jordan is already worth over a billion. He has the largest stake in the hornets, owns essentially his own brand of shoes, and has restaurants and car dealership. Not to mention his endorsements. Peyton will probably not ever even be worth half of MJ.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    That tells me he's a genius, not about his beliefs.

giphy.gif

Pot isn't necessarily a conservative or liberal issue, one way or the other. Likewise, making money is certainly conservative, but plenty of liberals do it too...they just act like they don't.

^^^I'm with these guys^^^

I've never smoked pot and never will, but I sure wouldn't mind making a boatload of money off them by selling them pizza (or any other food item after they got the munchies).

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    Peyton Manning will never catch Michael Jordan, and he certainly won't beat him to the billion dollar mark. Jordan is already worth over a billion. He has the largest stake in the hornets, owns essentially his own brand of shoes, and has restaurants and car dealership. Not to mention his endorsements. Peyton will probably not ever even be worth half of MJ.

I'll not argue any of that but will offer this. Jordan is 54, Manning is 41. The Hornets are worth just shy of $800M and the average NFL franchise is worth $2.5B. My argument in the long run is predicated on Peyton Manning using getting a front office NFL job, obtaining equity in the team as part of that deal and getting into ownership.

If he does not hold an equitable stake in a team, he will not outearn Jordan over a lifetime.

With all of that said, the NBA seems to be on the uptick in popularity in a way it has not since the 80s or at least Jordan's retirement. I don't know, care or watch, but I'm in contact with individuals daily that do.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    But Jordan is stretching out his lead and not slowing down:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtba...-athlete-in-the-world-this-year/#761303893865

Jordan will likely make at least $30 million more than any other athlete in the world, active or retired, in 2016.

Michael Jordan is a world-wide celebrity. Peyton Manning is U.S. only and likely, middle of the U.S. only. Don't mistake Papa Johns, Buick and Comcast money for Coca-Cola, McDonalds and Nike money. Not even in the same league.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I always figured he would be the front man to buy out the Irsays with the assistance of various segments of leadership in Indy.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Top Bottom