Senators issued satellite phones for "security".

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To me this just seems like prudent planning, prepping government style. I am also surprised they haven't had them for years, along with all the Secretaries and Joint Chiefs.

Of course, I do wonder who will have the job of training the congress critters on how to use them???

Could you imagine, regardless of politics, trying to teach Nancy Pelosi or Mitch McConnell how to turn on and use these newfangled phones? That person deserves a bottle of good bottle of bourbon.

Regards,

Doug

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    To me this just seems like prudent planning, prepping government style. I am also surprised they haven't had them for years, along with all the Secretaries and Joint Chiefs.

Of course, I do wonder who will have the job of training the congress critters on how to use them???

Could you imagine, regardless of politics, trying to teach Nancy Pelosi or Mitch McConnell how to turn on and use these newfangled phones? That person deserves a bottle of good bottle of bourbon.

Regards,

Doug
    They probably can't figure out how to keep their VCR clocks from flashing 12:00...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    First, this quote is from TGP (via CNBC).... I have spent no time confirming this as I might otherwise do with TGP stories. IF assuming the basic tenets to be true, satellite phones for senators anybody?

CNBC reported:

Microsoft warned on Wednesday that Chinese state-sponsored hackers had compromised “critical” U.S. cyber infrastructure across numerous industries with a focus on gathering intelligence.
    The Chinese hacking group, codenamed “Volt Typhoon,” has operated since mid-2021, Microsoft said in an advisory. The organization is
    apparently working to disrupt “critical communications infrastructure between the United States and Asia,” Microsoft said, to stymie efforts during “future crises.”
    The National Security Agency put out a bulletin on Wednesday, detailing how the hack works and how cybersecurity teams should respond.

Top Bottom