• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Personally, I'm in favor of the German system of driver's training/probation/licensure.

It's expensive, time consuming, and there are "levels" that must be passed before moving on. They get special plates, young drivers with those special plates aren't allowed over certain speeds nor on certain roads (autobahn, for one).

Consequently, their % of young-driver-involved accidents is very very very low.

And yes, I'm fully aware that we're not in Germany. Yes, I know we have many times more people than German. Yes, I know that the US has much more rural space than Germany. Yes, I know that, for the vast majority of the country, the public transportation system here sucks as compared to Germany.

But we could and should learn lessons from places that really do seem to "get it".

-J-

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Most parents will push back on this. They don't want to have to drive their kids around to their events for another 2 years.

ak keep the second

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I am 18 and disagree with these senators. I've been driving everything with wheels since my dad bought me a go-kart when i was 7. I think delaying the driving age would change nothing, the people with no experience driving would still have no experience.

Jar_Head

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I need my kid to get his driver's license as soon as he can, he needs his job to help with bills and things he wants. He needs to drive himself to work to help us keep our house and his car.

Top Bottom