• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Warwagon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I picked this up on another board. I'm going to post it on a few others as well as here.

If you own a gun you really should take the time and go to each Senator's website and click the 'contact' button. Send them a simple note of thanks for standing up for our 2nd amendment rights. The letter is spot on. It will take you just a few seconds. It's time we all start speaking up about our rights before they are gone.

Senators to Attorney General Holder: Stay away from our guns
    Baucus And Tester Send Warning Shot To Protect 2nd Amendment

http://tester.senate.gov/Newsroom/pr_030309_holderguns.cfm

http://baucus.senate.gov/newsroom/details.cfm?id=309149

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

(Washington D.C.)- Montana’s U.S. Senators Max Baucus and Jon Tester sent a simple and clear message to Attorney General Eric Holder today: any new gun restrictions are a non-starter.

In a letter to Holder, Baucus and Tester emphasized the need to enforce current laws on the books instead of passing additional laws which could infringe on Montanans’ 2nd Amendment rights.

“We oppose reinstating the ban on the sale of assault weapons, and we call on the Department of Justice to enforce existing laws before it considers imposing any new restrictions on gun ownership,” Baucus and Tester wrote.

The letter continued by explaining Montana’s proud outdoor heritage and how important gun ownership is to that heritage.

“We value our outdoor heritage, and a large part of that is our Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms. Passing this heritage down from one generation to the next is a sacred part of being a Montanan, and something that we will always fight to protect,” the letter states.

The Senators’ letter was prompted by recent comments that Holder made about wanting to introduce new gun restrictions.

Montana Attorney General Steve Bullock applauds the stand that Baucus and Tester have taken.

"Max and Jon are exactly right—we need to be enforcing the laws that we have on the books," Bullock said. "These one-size-fits all gun laws might be popular in some parts of the country, but they don't work for Montana."

As senators, Baucus and Tester both are members of the Congressional Sportsmen Caucus, which consists of Senators and Representatives working together to protect public lands so future generations can hunt, fish, hike and enjoy other outdoor activities. Baucus is a past Chairman of the caucus, and Tester is the current Vice-Chairman.

-Letter Pasted Below-

Dear Attorney General Holder:

This letter is in regards to your recent comments suggesting the reinstatement of the ban on assault weapons. We oppose reinstating the ban on the sale of assault weapons, and we call on the Department of Justice to enforce existing laws before it considers imposing any new restrictions on gun ownership.

Your comments noted increased violence among international drug traffickers as a reason to reexamine the ban on assault weapons within this country; however, this statement fails to acknowledge laws already in place that work to address this issue. Under current law, both transferring a firearm to someone knowing that it will be used to commit a violent or drug-trafficking crime as well as possessing a firearm in furtherance of a Federal drug trafficking crime are already federal felonies punishable by imprisonment.

We will strongly oppose any legislation that will infringe upon the rights of individual gun owners. We value our outdoor heritage, and a large part of that is our Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms. Passing this heritage down from one generation to the next is a sacred part of being a Montanan, and something that we will always fight to protect. In the light of the Supreme Court’s landmark ruling of District of Columbia v. Heller, affirming the Second Amendment right to bear arms as an individual and constitutionally protected right, we urge you to avoid any legislative proposals that would jeopardize the Constitutional right of law-abiding Americans to own firearms.

Sincerely,
    U.S. Senator Max Baucus
    U.S. Senator Jon Tester

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    Nice. Perhaps our own reps here will take a stand for us responsible gun owners instead of falling into the speaking point feel good legislation that is gun control.

I sent my support to both Senators. Sure, they might not care that some Hoosier supports them...but maybe it'll help to let them know that there is popular support for their stand.

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Nice. Perhaps our own reps here will take a stand for us responsible gun owners instead of falling into the speaking point feel good legislation that is gun control.

I sent my support to both Senators. Sure, they might not care that some Hoosier supports them...but maybe it'll help to let them know that there is popular support for their stand.

Well Luger is a lost cause but Bayh is actually more conservative than Luger LOL well hey it happens.

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    If I'm not mistaken Baucus, Tester & Bayh are Democrats. Luger is a Republican.

I'm just sayin'...;)

LOL thats politics for ya - some Democrats are actually conservative - and some Republicans are liberal :dunno: I perfer to dump both and go third though... less hassle of trying to figure out who is what lol.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Thanks sent to both. You know, having a few Dem Senators in red states may not be such a bad thing. If you get enough along with Dirty Harry Reid and the real Republicans, you may be filibusterable.

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Eastern In.
    After all the time I spend bi&*^ing about politicians, I decided I had to send them both my thanks. If only we had a pair of senators like them (or who were at least worth their own weight in pig sh&^).

Warwagon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    NW Indiana
    *** Mods, I posted originally in the wrong forum. I'm sorry for creating extra work for you. i wasn't paying attention, plain and simple.

***OTHERS***

I don't give a crap if they're Dem or Rep. Gun right's are what it's all about..... Get on the band wagon and take the time to send a note!!!

Step up or sell your guns and stop pretending to CARE.

To those of you that sent a note THANK YOU!!!!!

Warwagon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Though... this should be a sticky on every page of the Forum.

Instead it's relegated to a forum that get less than 13% of the overal readership % for the entire board.

something is screwed up there.

With Obama as President you guys should be shouting this stuff from the mountain tops. Your not.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    qyeakj.jpg

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    If we stickied every post someone thought was "The most important in our history."
    each page of each forum would display 24 stickies, and 1 post.

If you have a problem with the mods, PM Fenway, otherwise take a deep breath, step away from the keyboard, and fill out form 34J-67.

model67a

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    jasper
    gun laws

I contacted Lugar, Bayh, Barron Hill (who is my rep) and Brad Ellsworth. Ellsworth is not my rep but is rep of Evansville and I have followed his carreer. Ellsworth was Vanderburgh County Sherriff before being elected to Congress. He is on the 2A task force in Congress, protecting our 2A rights. With him having extensive leo experience, I believe he will have a lot of pull with the other congessmen. He is a very down to earth person and realizes that it would be impossible for the leo's to protect 300,000,000 people even if it was their purpose. That is how illogical some people are. They think that it is the purpose of police to protect us. They are a deterrent but they cannot be everywhere a once. They will usually arrive after the fact and do an investigation to determine the person they are going to arrest, but the fact remains the crime has already been committed and there is no changing that. Email Brad Ellsworth and let him know that we appeciate him representing us. Give praise for a job well done, the same as most people are critical when something negative occurs. He is a new rep and a little bit of encouragement will tend to make him work even harder for our cause. stay safe

The Online Office of Congressman Brad Ellsworth - Home

Last edited:
    Top Bottom