Separate Private Sales subforums for +1 and -1??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    My suggestion is to make the "Private Sales" forum into "Private Sales +1" and "Private Sales -1" or something similar.

I know that for moderation purposes, the less subforums, the better. However, there are an increasingly large number of transactions, and it's more challenging to separate the positive and negative feedback posts. This obviously poses a problem for sorting out the past posts, but I'd be willing to help with the keyboard work to make this happen. Some might suggest that this could be accomplished by the search tool, but my searchfu is weak.

Just a thought. I'm super impressed with the administration of this site, so I am 100% behind whatever the boss decides.

Any comments?

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Would be nice to see the "mugs" at a glance instead of having to search.

But is that fair if someone gets a -1 from a misunderstanding, and has 20 +1s from good transactions? All you see is the -1, because you just look for "mugs". Not a real representation of the truth.

Search -> Advanced Search. Type username. Pull down titles only. Done.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    But is that fair if someone gets a -1 from a misunderstanding, and has 20 +1s from good transactions? All you see is the -1, because you just look for "mugs". Not a real representation of the truth.

Search -> Advanced Search. Type username. Pull down titles only. Done.

The searching only works if you are looking for a specific member. And seeing only the -1's is no more accurate than only seeing the +1's, which is what happens now if you just peruse the subforum.

Personally, I still think there is value in being able to see who has had bad deals lately. It would be my hope that people would also look around and see if there is positive to outweigh the negative, but that can't be counted on- either in the current system or in the one I've proposed. I don't think this puts people at a disadvantage. Further, if your implication is correct, it might serve as a bigger wrist slap and hopefully prevent the seller from screwing more people.

I know that last week when I saw the same guy's name twice in a row I took notice. I'd like to see it easier to see who's been -1'ed.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Further, the mods have been allowing only the accuser and the accused to post in the -1 threads, so if the -1 is truly because of a misunderstanding it should be apparent in the thread.

Top Bottom