BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    giphy.gif

Thermometer reads 88F, but that can't be right......'cause I'm shaking in my boots!

:):

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It wasn't directed at you, Indy. However, if folks think Polish jokes, or Rabbi jokes or Hijab jokes get a pass because they are a relief valve from skin color jokes, it don't work that way.

I'm not offended by anything one says that isn't within arm's reach. In a face to face, those limitations don't exist.

+1 half the stuff said concerning such subjects, can only be done around people of like mind, or on the interwebz. Lol

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Nah. People need to recognize this isn't 1979. We aren't offered a pass on discourteous remarks about other races/cultures/religions. Political commentary and pejoratives are still allowed, and look where that is at the moment.

Kut is correct. The rules don't apply to family and culture. Lots of remarks that are acceptable between one XXX and another are potentially offensive if expressed by an outsider. That isn't SJW. That's common sense.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Might not be in good taste, and this is a private “home” so they make the rules and we follow them. But I’m free to be as disrespectful and offensive as I want in life, and you’re free to be as offended as you want.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Nah. People need to recognize this isn't 1979. We aren't offered a pass on discourteous remarks about other races/cultures/religions. Political commentary and pejoratives are still allowed, and look where that is at the moment.

Kut is correct. The rules don't apply to family and culture. Lots of remarks that are acceptable between one XXX and another are potentially offensive if expressed by an outsider. That isn't SJW. That's common sense.

And for the record I wasn’t responding to kut, I was responding to the butt hurt expressed in the last couple pages about jokes. Again, I’m a guest in their house so I’ll follow the rules, but some of you need thicker skin. I’m offended you were offended

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Exactly. Those guys would be shamed off stage today :rolleyes:

It would be interesting for sure, Bruce went to jail more than once. It's ironic that people can stand firm on the 2nd Amendment but get offended when someone uses the 1st Amendment to speak their mind.
    Thank God for Larry Flint and his money. What would media be like without some of those cases he won..

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    And for the record I wasn’t responding to kut, I was responding to the butt hurt expressed in the last couple pages about jokes. Again, I’m a guest in their house so I’ll follow the rules, but some of you need thicker skin. I’m offended you were offended

At the risk of being called "bad ass" once again, you are free to do as you please...until you end up with unintended consequences. That's part of being an adult. Understanding that you are not alone on this rock and damaging everything you touch in your walk through life carries with it risk and consequences.

Some folks never learn that. Pity.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    At the risk of being called "bad ass" once again, you are free to do as you please...until you end up with unintended consequences. That's part of being an adult. Understanding that you are not alone on this rock and damaging everything you touch in your walk through life carries with it risk and consequences.

Consequences such as?

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Are you kidding ? Damaging everything you touch? Dude, you need to visit the wild turkey, or lay off whatever yu're on. Respectfully submitted, due to your eloquent history that far surpasses mine.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The law of unintended consequences (paraphrased): Intervention in a complex system tends to create unanticipated and often undesirable outcomes. The set of rules for this start at the quantum level and scale up to the classical level of human interaction.

If one is religious, there are so many quotable verses (https://www.openbible.info/topics/sowing_discord) that only someone unread would fail to recognize the moral guidance given.

An historian or anthropologist could cite the lessons from history.

A philsopher could reiterate the philosophy of reason and determinism.

And I'm the one who's crazy.

Right.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom