• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TJSaltdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    My twin brother wants to get his LTCH. Here's the problem. His drivers license have been suspended for a couple of years because he forgot to pay for a speeding ticket in a different county and they suspended them because he didnt pay for tickets stemming from loose dogs. The police showed up with the dogs, the problem was, their dogs were in the house. They had someone elses dogs but yet he still got tickets for it. Question is this. Do you have to have a DL to get your LTCH? I find nothing on it.

Scarecrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    Grissom
    The smart guys will be by soon. But I believe as long as there are no felonies involved, he will be fine.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    The smart guys will be by soon. But I believe as long as there are no felonies involved, he will be fine.

We're still looking for the smart guys. :):

But I believe you just need to have a State ID to go with your LTCH but it doesn't have to be a DL. :dunno:

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    My twin brother wants to get his LTCH. Here's the problem. His drivers license have been suspended for a couple of years because he forgot to pay for a speeding ticket in a different county and they suspended them because he didnt pay for tickets stemming from loose dogs. The police showed up with the dogs, the problem was, their dogs were in the house. They had someone elses dogs but yet he still got tickets for it. Question is this. Do you have to have a DL to get your LTCH? I find nothing on it.

The bold part had me scratching my head. How did he not contest it since it wasn't his dogs?

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    You're going to need some form of government identification. Even at L1, they do check ID for address and name consistency and that it is in fact valid. I am certain that they would do the same if you went the paper route.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I am guessing the same thing. Proof of residency, not necessarily a Driver's License. Might be a hassle just because the clerk won't have any clue where to put anything other than Driver's License info on the form, but there will be a way.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You're going to need some form of government identification. Even at L1, they do check ID for address and name consistency and that it is in fact valid. I am certain that they would do the same if you went the paper route.

If he would happen to have a passport, that would do as a replacement I'd think.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    I don't recall having to show ID to my local department when I applied, but maybe I did. As others have said, have him get a state ID and he is good to go.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    If he would happen to have a passport, that would do as a replacement I'd think.

I should think so as well. I know that at CVS, when we are required by law to collect a government ID number for dispensing certian medications, we can legally accept drivers license, ID card, passport, active duty military ID, and social security card. I can't imagine why this would be any different, but then again.... :):

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    They could use the fact that his drivers license is SUSPENDED to brand him as not being a "proper person" to have a LTCH because a "proper person" would PAY HIS FINES and not let his drivers license get suspended.

Top Bottom